Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
NO THIRD PARTY OR EMPLOYERS.
Client is the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's regulation number which covers principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting. Client is currently expanding a number of controls to achieve heightened standards related to these principles. This includes enhancing its existing Data Tracing Program to target prioritized critical data elements (CDEs) and expand its coverage from the FR Y-9C/FR Y-14 to 60+ Regulatory and Management Reports. Thus, the Finance and Risk Shared Services (FRSS) Data Tracing team is in search of a candidate to join this expanded program, performing data tracing in alignment with the target operating model and execution plan.
The incumbent will participate in on-going data tracing for Critical Data Elements on Regulatory reports for derivatives and securities:
• Review Derivative and Securities products and related critical data elements used for regulatory to ensure integrity and soundness of reporting
• Partner closely with Corporate & Regulatory Reporting, Chief Data Office, Data Governance Officers, and Regulatory Owners
• Participate on reviews, identify issues and exceptions, produce executive quality reports, coordinate remediation plans and communicate effectively to senior stakeholders.
• Participate on other product reviews as determined by manager.
Reviews will include:
• Data Tracing/Testing
• Acquire Source Documentation
• Document mapping linkage of CDE to source documentation
• Root Cause Analysis
• Issue Management Handoff
• Reporting Results to Sr mgmnt
Additional non-data tracing will be required such as regulatory reporting variance analysis/ad hoc.
The incumbent will liaise with Risk, Finance, Operations, and Product Control, Technology, and Data Governance Officers, and utilize influence to ensure data, documentation, responses to inquiries and remediation actions are provided timely.
Other responsibilities may include:
• Updating KPIs, metrics, reports, and other presentations, identifying enhancement opportunities and implementing, and supporting manager in the messaging of results/value add to senior management
• Participating in Internal Audit (IA) and Regulatory reviews.
• Supporting Manager in assessing and enhancing operational controls
• Review work of peers, evaluating their findings and judgment in applying regulatory principles to reporting
• Facilitating ad hoc, special requests and project management
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or related field
• Working knowledge of financial products required, specifically derivatives and securities
• 5+ years of Finance, Accounting, Risk or Product Control experience, preferably at large financial institution
• CPA and/or Audit experience would be an advantage
• Understanding of current accounting principles, policies and financial institution regulatory reporting,
• Solid analytical skills, combined with an ability to deliver analyses in a concise and logical manner
• Data tracing/mining experience a plus
• Must have solid communication skills (oral and written) to clearly articulate findings, defend point of view amongst various groups, and present to senior management
• Must be assertive and have strong follow up skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel as well as PowerPoint to develop reports/presentations
• Strong General Ledger Platforms, Product Processors, or Data Warehouses experience
• Must be a proactive and goal-oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions.
• Ability to multi-task, demonstrating independent leadership skills.
• Strong understanding and appreciation of internal control environment, reporting, and metrics is required
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.