Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Supplier Quality Engineer
3+ Month contract
Monitors, evaluates, selects, and applies standard quality engineering principles and techniques to assigned business problems. Facilitates the deployment and management of supplier metrics across the supply base, supports interaction with suppliers to resolve issues, and performs supplier assessments.
• Ensures suppliers meet ISO9001/IATF16949 requirements. Develop suppliers to meet increasing quality requirements/expectations for Client.
• Prepares and maintains policies, procedures, and manuals for Client Supplier Quality on the determination of new supply sources, supplier quality relations, standardization of measurements, and acceptable criteria of materials.
• Conducts audits of suppliers' quality control systems, quality capabilities, processes, products, and facilities, which may involve exposure to a variety of environmental conditions. Determine advisability of changing or adding sources of supply.
• Interfaces with plant personnel to resolve chronic or major supplier issues and verify that suppliers understand process/product requirements.
• Manages projects. Support Product Launch System (PLUS) programs: Supplier Advanced Quality Planning (AQP), Supplier Process Sign-off (PSO), among others.
• Reviews engineering specifications and drawings to determine suppliers' abilities to meet parameters and reviews new and modified product designs from a material standpoint advising modifications when necessary.
• Administers Division Supplier Performance programs for critical material and all nonconforming material. Monitors suppliers' corrective action plans and tracks supplier ppm's.
• Assists Purchasing and Engineering to resolve Supplier Review and Acceptance issues.
• Reviews and approves Supplier PPAP's; Review and audit the deliverables including: Control Plans, Capability plans, Capability Studies, Part layouts, Gage design, Gage R&R, PFMEA, DFMEA; and supports or leads project management efforts regarding supplier changes.
• Involve vendors, internal resources, plant personnel to drive containment and closed-loop closure to significant quality issues. Ensure that Supplier quality issues are resolved using an appropriate problem solving methodology. Report on the status of 8Ds and ensure proper containment actions are taken.
• Provide leadership on-site at vendor locations to drive team efforts and activities.
• Drive/lead internal resources and plant personnel to drive and track effective and true measurement of 'supplier ppm.
• Facilitate Management Quality Reviews with suppliers who do not meet quality objectives or expectations.
BS Degree in engineering related field, CQE preferred
Have demonstrated quality systems knowledge 5+ yrs experience
• Previous experience with ISO 9001/IATF 16949 or VDA Quality Systems
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.