Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Support Operator B
Schedule: 3rd Shift - 11:00 PM -7:00 AM
Prepares, collects, and distributes to operators all materials required to wind coils. Performs a variety of direct and indirect tasks to optimize product flow and maximize the productivity of the coil winders.
1. Collects and distributes wire, insulating paper, leads, and other necessary materials needed to wind coil orders.
2. Verifies that issued materials are the proper size/part number and checks for damage and proper quantity.
3. Returns all unused materials to their designated locations insuring that materials are properly marked so that inventory accuracy is maintained.
4. Must be familiar with the stock room locating/stocking system and how to gain access using department PC and the SAP system.
5. Operates paper sheeter machine to cut insulating paper to specified length sheets.
6. Sets up and operates the paper slitting machine which cuts rolls of paper for coil winding operation.
7. Operates several machines for sizing, cutting and drilling materials used in the winding process. Assembles kits for coil orders and fills bins of stock coil materials.
8. Turn tests coils and verifies they have been wound per the winding sheet.
9. Cuts aluminum and copper leads.
10. Assembles metal and box forms as required for daily secondary winding production and stores forms after use in their proper location.
11. Based upon pressite production orders received, determines sequence and grouping of part numbers to be produced in order to maximize efficiency and minimize scrap. Uses four-bar slitter and band saw to cut and crease pressite
1. Must be able to perform three (3) to five (5) of the above-listed duties with acceptable quality and quantity. The incumbent in this position must be well organized, have good communication skills, and be persistent in the face of obstacles. This position has primary responsibility for optimizing product flow throughout the department and maximizing the productivity of coil winding personnel. This position requires the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and to constructively interact with fellow employees in satisfaction of their needs. This position involves collecting the specific types and amounts of materials from coil winding stocking points and delivering to each machine operator to minimize operator downtime. Parts vary from lightweight lead wire and paper to wire barrels weighing up to 700 pounds, requiring lift trucks and overhead cranes to move. The operator may operate several machines including paper cutter, shears, turns tester, and freight elevator. Must be able to read and understand winding sheets, use a micrometer, use network based computer programs, accurately maintain records and obtain a forklift license.
High school education. Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
**THIS DESCRIPTION COVERS THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL MISCELLANEOUS, INCIDENTAL, OR SUBSTANTIALLY SIMILAR DUTIES WHICH MAY BE ASSIGNED DURING NORMAL OR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.