Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client Aerospace Group located in N. Charleston, SC has an opening for a CNC Operator on 3rd shift. The primary responsibility of the operator position is to run various CNC machines such as mills and lathes and inspect parts to ensure quality production parts within set standards. This position will also deburr complex parts and visually inspect for defects while maintaining manufacturing productivity and standards. Parts may include multiple manufacturing process steps within the deburrer operations. Ensure quality compliance of all parts following customer specifications and internal drawings and procedures. May train more junior staff in deburrer procedures.
The specific functions of this position include the following:
A. Perform complex manual deburring with tight quality tolerances using various tools, knives, and equipment
B. Repair parts that have damage from the manufacturing process
C. Keep machines consistently running
D. Properly place parts, casting or stock in machine securely and accurately
E. Understand status lights, door interlocks, interlock released light and button. On/off buttons, and panel lock key.
F. Read and interpret engineering drawings, blue prints, customer specifications, internal drawings and procedures for complex parts
G. Inspect parts and ensure the proper finish and/or flatness
H. Examine parts for completeness
I. Maintain manufacturing productivity and safety standards
J. Perform repetitive manual deburring tasks keeping parts in quality compliance and following manufacturing process steps.
K. Meet productivity standards
L. Notify supervisor of any defects or damaged parts
M. Perform some assembly operations including lee plug, broaching, bearings, and helicoils
N. Identify, modify, and create appropriate hand deburring tools for the task
O. Suggests manufacturing process change improvements
P. Train and provide mentorship to more junior staff
Q. Follow all Client safety policies and standards
R. Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
S. Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• One (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Prior experience in machining, deburring, honing or lapping parts in a manufacturing environment.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the Client States without company sponsorship.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
• Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile distance of the N. Charleston, SC facility (zip code 29418) to be considered.
• Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
• Two (2) years' experience in a manufacturing environment. Aerospace experience preferred
• Two (2) years' experience in machining, deburring, honing or lapping parts in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience running CNC lathes and mills
• Strong visual inspection skills
• Strong time management skills
• Able to perform basic shop math
• Able to demonstrate mechanical aptitude
• Involvement in successful process definition and re-engineering.
• Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
• Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
• PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc...) with ability to learn other programs
• Familiar with machines tools, production methods and shop practices preferred.
• Ability to learn equipment and processes for fabrication of aerospace parts, produce parts in accordance with the production plans, sketches and/or verbal instructions. Ability to maintain close tolerance dimensions on critical parts.
• Knowledge of dimensional measuring instrumentations and use of such tools to verify actual measurements of machined dimensions and features.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches, manufacturing routings, procedures, and routers.
• Good verbal and written communication skills a must.
• Familiarity with SPC principles and methods.
• Ability to logically solve problems and to keep assignments and projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.