Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Global Financial Client in Montreal, QC
12+ Months Contract
Web Application Developer with Angular 2+ (2/3/4/5)
Technology Team Profile
Technology works as a strategic partner with Brokerage business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Brokerage's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is responsible for delivering essential technology infrastructure solutions to Brokerage's businesses. EI manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
Enterprise Reporting Framework (ERF) is a critical reporting system which provides both highly concurrent adhoc / ondemand reporting and batch reporting capability as well as reporting workflow monitoring tools. It generates 20k custom reports for 16900 Wealth Management FAs very day, and it generates 2 million quarterly reports in 4 days.
The candidate will part of Montreal based development team and will be involved in development and maintenance of various distributed frontend/backend systems including middleware components, web, and infrastructure components.
1. Design & implement distributed applications, enhance and support existing systems.
2. Utilize strong object oriented design (OOD), algorithms & programming skills to implement distributed systems of multi-tier architecture.
3. Work closely with internal, external clients and users to deliver solutions.
4. Will have the opportunity to participate in system integration efforts and requirements gathering for projects involving multiple teams and systems.
In addition to this, candidate will also work on various integration/special projects that involves working with different business units like Wealth Management, and Investment Management etc. The team also works on technical R&D and cutting-edge solutions to improve performance & scale and for integrating new products and technologies in our system.
- Experience developing distributed, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems
- Experience building Web applications in Multithreading, Web Services for a Unix/Linux platform
- Experience working with Source Code Management solutions like (ex. Perforce, Git, CVS)
- Experience testing software (e.g. Unit testing, performance testing/tuning)
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A Team Player
- Experience working with the Spring framework
- Experience in either Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.