Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
IT - Network Operations Analyst - Overnight Shift
24 Month Contract
Shift would be Sunday- Weds 8pm-630am (start of the week is Sunday at 8pm, end of week is Thursday morning at 630am)
1) Running production/command experience
2) Monitoring tools experience
3) Data center experience
4) Process experience—understanding, creating and improving processes Need to see candidates who can handle a high stress environment. Candidates who have dynamic thought (anyone can follow A-B-C, but they need someone to make connections, someone who can go outside of "step 1, step 2 and step 3” and someone who must be able to adjust on the fly).
• BA/BS in Information Technology OR related field OR equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in telecommunication, internet, or network operation center to include familiarity with IT Infrastructure Voice, Microwave, Fiber (DWDM and Sonet), Mux, Network, Common Facilities, Tele-Protection, SCADA and Computing Systems.
• Familiarity with client tools for managing change – Telenium, Telecom Circuit Database, Ring maps and Remedy
• Previous experience working in ticket management systems/applications (I.E SMC Remedy)
• Familiarity with client LOB's and processes such as Electric Transmission, Electric Distribution, Gas Operations, and Power Generation Strong initiative and results orientation.
• ITIL foundation or greater certification
• Understanding the underlying theories, principles, and practices of IT Service Management, particularly ITIL, from a leader and technical perspective.
• Process Improvement experience
• Progressive broad-based IT and business experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding. • Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
• Qualitative and quantitative analytic & problem solving skills
• Open to Change (Adaptability)
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills and learn new concepts quickly • High attention to detail
• Excellent reading comprehension
• Strong prioritization skills
• Excellent memory
• Willingness to comply with specific instructions and/or processes as defined in Run Books
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel, Word, OneNote and Outlook
• Able to support shift schedules as required to meet business needs
This is the Incident/Event Management role with Change Management functions such as coordinating and managing IT changes for TNS/Telecom Operations, Maintenance, and Installation environment. This involves close communications with business partners and clients in obtaining approvals and dispatching notifications. Continuous communications with Service Desk, and ENOC (Incident, Problem, Release), and Configuration Management, is a vital responsibility of this position. Participate in daily huddles to review the daily work queue, discuss best practices for CRQ processing, and set priorities for the day. Prepare or update reports and Metrics - highlights, significant events, Change Management metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), performance statistics, and other analytical reports for leadership and team review. Monitor the Clearance Desk mail que for response to request and other information relevant to CRQ processing. Updating incident, problem and/or change management tickets as needed. Develop and distribute ongoing notifications for changes or outages in progress as directed by leadership. Analyze Request for Change (RFCs) to determine any trends or apparent problems that occur; seeks rectification with all relevant parties. Complete repetitive, basic maintenance activities as requested. Ensures that all safety and client mandated training requirements are completed on time. Fosters and supports a safety culture. Lives client Safety pledge 100% of the time. Supports a safe working environment by completing all safety and mandated training requirements and reports any unsafe conditions immediately to a supervisor or manager for correction.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.