Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices or precedent. Acts independently to identify and select appropriate methodologies. Work customarily and regularly (50% of time or more) requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment. Normally receives general instructions on non-routine work assignments. Requires additional instructions and frequent guidance on new assignments. Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple tasks or projects are generally reviewed after completion. Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information. May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates working knowledge in job-related functional area and of the business. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent. 7-10 years of experience
Job Title: Data Engineer
Job Duties: In order to achieve greater IT efficiency, speed, and innovation, Telecommunication recognizes that is introducing InnerSource, a peer production model for software product delivery that encourages collaboration across organizational, geographical, and temporal boundaries. Data engineering hierarchies to reveal and connect IT Workers by skill, merit, and reputation.
The Telecommunication InnerSource Program needs order for any normative initiative to succeed, we must measure and reward the behaviors we intend to standardize.
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
* Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
* Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
* Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Must have Skills:
* Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
* Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
* Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
* Strong project management and organizational skills.
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
* Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
* Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
* Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
* Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
* Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
All candidates MUST provide their public GitHub account with repositories that demonstrate Data Engineering competencies.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.