Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Financial Firm located in Montreal, QC has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced ETL Developer.
Job Title: ETL Developer
Brokerage's Finance Technology is responsible for providing technology solutions to various departments in Finance, including Global Product Controllers. The Detail Subledger (DSL) program is a front-to-back initiative to consolidate accounting information flow and provide major control functions. It addresses regulatory and audit findings thematically, providing an efficient framework for better control and reporting over time. DSL Loans is specific project within the broader DSL program to improve the financial controls and financial disclosure reporting on the Loans products. The DSL Loans team is responsible for development and maintenance of a suite of applications which involve ETL processes, highly flexible and scalable services, and a feature rich Windows UI. The technology team practices agile development.
Finance Technology is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Software Developer in the DSL team in Montreal. The successful candidate will work with global teams spread across New York, Budapest and India.
• You will be expected to develop software, with a focus on developing ETL to source data from upstream systems and send the data downstream.
• You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, working with Finance Users & Business Analysts as well as other IT teams.
• The ideal candidate will possess solid technical and problem solving skills as well as the drive to learn more about the business and new technologies.
• Candidate should have experience working with Teradata, DB2 and other RDBMS technologies, developing data models and data interfaces.
• Expertise in any one of the following business domain would be preferable: Accounting, Finance and Control Functions.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills to engage discussion with business analysts, managers and other stakeholders as well as her/his team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years software development experience in ETL, DB development in a data warehouse implementation
• Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux
• Experience with RDBMS (DB2/Teradata) including writing complex SQL queries
• Experience building high volume and resilient systems
• Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Experience with Java or Scala development
• Experience with UI development in DotNet / C#
• Experience with scripting using Python or similar programming language
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.