Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Global Financial Firm located in Montreal, QC has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced Workspace Desktop Engineering Specialist.
The Workspace Desktop Engineering Team is committed to delivering enterprise class Windows Desktop builds and are responsible for all aspects of the design, configuration and integration of the Windows Desktops into the firm. The team is also responsible for the engineering of the firms browser and office products along with other end user productivity tools and middleware.
We are looking for a person to be able to contribute too many of the on-going initiatives in some of these areas and owning engineering tasks from beginning to end. The candidate will have a very strong technical foundation, a strategic mind-set, great communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others in a truly global team.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Engineer/sustain existing/new desktop related technologies into the firm
- Ensure products meet the necessary security, supportability, performance requirements - Ensure we meet our users' expectations around user experience
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Provide 3rd line support to investigate & troubleshoot root causes.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst peers.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience/knowledge of Windows operating systems, management of end user productivity apps, standard associated technologies and third party products.
- 10 years experience
- Deep technical understanding of Windows Desktop x64 operating systems up to and including Windows 10 (MUST HAVE)
- Experience designing technical solutions to meet complex business requirements
- Extensive experience with common third party tools used to manage/support large environments. i.e. Appsense/SCCM
- A good of understanding of how a modern browser works both from a desktop and networking perspective
- Scripting ability with PowerShell
- Experience in engineering Large Scale Deployment/Migrations of Office 2010/2013
- Knowledge of common Windows Infrastructure i.e. Active Directory/GPO
- Strong troubleshooting mind-set (i.e. parsing event log, Sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps etc).
- Experience of large scale desktop deployment tools and techniques in large distributed organizations.
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks).
- Desktop/Laptop Hardware Knowledge
- Knowledge of software packaging tools (e.g. InstallShield, App-V sequencer, Wise)
- Experience in Configuring and Supporting Microsoft Outlook in Microsoft Exchange Environment
- Some development experience/knowledge.
- Experience of working in a global environment
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.