Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Description: Position: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Position Description and Responsibilities:
To serve as a key contributor to support the infrastructure on-premises and cloud for the Discovery IT organization at Redwood City. The main function of the role is to support new technology initiatives and implement leading-edge technologies with best practices, including hybrid cloud technologies, AWS-cloud migrations, high density computing platform, software defined data center and scientific workflows for research applications.
• Provide system-level expertise on Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, to enable Discovery IT operations at Redwood City, including Cloud integration.
• Provide support to research computing infrastructure as part of the team, involving servers, workstations, storage systems, networking, IaaS elements and applications.
• Work with key clients in scientific research areas to deliver HPC services, system customization, performance tuning and optimization, proof-of-concept prototyping and deliver new capabilities.
• 3-5 years of strong experience, or more, in supporting and managing Linux systems in professional environment(s).
o Experience in hands-on and remote administration for x86_64 servers.
o Red Hat Linux or CentOS, including X-servers is a must.
o Experience in UNIX SHELL, Perl and Python is required
o Understanding of NAS protocols (SMB/CIFS and NFS) from both the server- and the client- ends.
o Must be able to program in a shell language; must be able to perform software compilation and installation activities.
o Must have proficient TCP/IP networking understanding
• 2 years of experience using AWS cloud services. Knowledge of EC2, EBS & S3 required. Familiarity with any RDS service preferred.
• Ability to troubleshoot storage related issues on both Linux and Windows platforms, Mac's optional
• Ability to work both independently and as a contributor in a team environment
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience in managing high performance compute infrastructure in the data center including high speed network switches, standalone servers, high density blade servers, NAS and object storage
• Working knowledge of configuring systems environment for databases such as MySQL and Postgress
• Experience supporting blocks based storage and Fibre Channel or iSCSI SAN switches, and familiarity with multi-pathing and other high availability configurations on server side
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware
• Working knowledge of Linux Containers such as Docker
• Working knowledge of Backup technologies.
• Experience with the transfer of data to/from cloud offerings such as AWS S3
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree is required.
This position is located for onsite work in Redwood City, CA. Some off-hours work will be required.
Additional Job Requirements:
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.