Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Material Coordinator position.
Temp to Hire
At least 1 year experience in an office setting, or equal experience
Consider another MRP system, SAP experience is not necessary but a plus
Hours 8-4:20, Need to be flexible with hours
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for all direct raw materials. Works within a team structure to ensure proper ordering of direct supplies and maintaining the proper inventory levels. This position creates all raw materials purchase orders and set up transportation when applicable. He/she has responsibility for expediting and tracing shipments as necessary to meet production needs. Responsible for verifying system receiving, warehouse location transfers and quality issues for materials with supplier/carrier. This position also tracks supplies with finance for inventory accuracy through the cycle counting process.
Utilize MRP (SAP) system for order placement.
Manage RPW inventory to meet or exceed monthly reduction targets
Research, explain & reduce material outages to set reduction targets in support of CTP
Daily system generated reports: Daily Due-in Report, Fax verification of previous made orders, Aging Report.
Receiving verification for accuracy, system entry receiving and filing, and COA & MSDS paperwork.
Execute and file vendor complaints thru the Quality Notification system and Vendor Credit thru SAP.
Schedule Inbound Materials
Modify orders regarding prices, miscellaneous charges, freight charges, etc with San Antonio (ipaysmart)
• Coordinate all aspects of the timely receipt of quality whey in liquid and/or powdered form to support the plant's dynamic production schedule requirements.
• Function as liaison to suppliers to promote 'just in time' pipeline of raw material whey and raw material supplies.
• Coordinate Procurement contracts for raw material and packaging supplies, subrogate whey fats test results/issues with suppliers, contact Technical Services for Spec issue resolution, and resolve pended invoice issues.
• Weekly cycle count entry and adjustments & monthly cycle count support
• Master Data Steward for facility
• Support commercialization of new and changing materials
• Drive and manage reduction of rework
• Reduce material write off's
• Support production schedule by backfilling as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support Business through collaboration with R & D and Production Departments on projects, productivity initiatives and commercialization's
• Partner with Corporate Materials Manager & Procurement on collaboration strategies & issue resolution
Collaborate with cycle count team & production to research and reduce cycle count variances
Analyze & resolve BOM discrepancies with Finance & Production departments
Align with Distribution to ensure Allergen and Food Safety compliance
• Actively promote & suggest work simplification ideas within Logistics group and Total Supply Chain
• Reduce company costs through flawless execution of material & ingredient changes
• Conduct financial analysis of increasing/decreasing costs affecting the plant
• Identify & execute RPW inventory reductions
• Create & utilize Business Intelligence ( BI ) Reporting
• Create & execute Material Coordinator goals
• Lead & participate on internal/external project teams
• Provide material information as necessary for meetings
• Provide material information at Daily Green Room meeting
• Support QRMP by writing & reviewing respective procedures, work instructions, & forms
• Develop key relationships with internal & external customers through excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Works under minimal supervision. Work is checked regularly for progress, quality, and/or accuracy. Intermediate level
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.