Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Technical Business Analyst
Brokerage is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Brokerage are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets. Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
TRA (Trade Routing Applications) is looking for a well-rounded candidate to join its global business analysis team. The ideal candidate will have broad business analysis experience related to front-office and middle-office transactional systems across multiple asset classes such as cash equity, listed derivatives, fixed income and commodities products. The role requires the ability to drive large scale data renovation and business enablement projects spanning multiple teams and regions front to back. The prospective candidate should be comfortable working with IT and business unit stakeholders across the ISG (Institutional Securities Group) organization (front office developers, reporting teams, risk/compliance teams, operations, sales and trading personnel etc.) regarding the representation of transactions and trade related information(orders, fills, trade reports, risk metrics etc) within our systems.
The prospective candidate would be responsible for analyzing message flows, the development of new models to enable new businesses and products and the maintenance of existing models. Model development includes defining messaging and persistence standards across business and product lines. In addition, the role encompasses the development of strict rules-based data contracts derived from multiple stakeholder requirements, root cause analysis of the violations of those rules, and co-ordination with system owners and developers of the violating systems to rectify problems.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Experience with logical data modeling for the representation and storage of trades
- Ability to propose creative solutions to complex messaging and modeling problems
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills to document and explain models to multiple stakeholders
- Influencing and relationship building across global teams
- Ability to influence external teams to conform to models/standards
- Logical data modeling using ER diagramming
- Project management/coordination skills
-Ability to multitask and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Specification/requirements gathering
- Experience with the FIX messaging protocol
- Basic knowledge of DB2 or Sybase
- Database development/administration/reporting experience (preferably DB2, Sybase or kdb)
- Linux/Unix scripting experience in Perl
- Experience of data translation technologies (such as metadata driven translation or commercial ETL tools) and dealing with associated data quality issues is desirable.
-Good understanding of XML
- Familiarity with Greenplum, kdb, q, k
Brokerage is an equal opportunities employer.
We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.