Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Windows Administrator
6 months +
- Full life cycle support of Windows OS systems. This includes but is not limited to setting standards for builds, patching, upgrades, and decommission tasks for physical and virtual systems.
- Analyze application and/or system requirements, partnering with the technical teams, providing IT infrastructure solutions.
- Partners with external service providers ensuring the availability, reliability and security of our solutions. This would include all corresponding processes – incident, change, problem, performance, capacity, etc.
- Support internal developers and system owners as needed with their systems. Troubleshooting, changes, software installs, AD integration, client/server connectivity, and other application integrations.
- Support and maintain VMware ESX environment and VMware applications, vCenter, ESXi, SRM, NSX, Horizon View on converged and hyper-converged hosting platforms.
- Performs installation & ongoing support of enterprise applications from various vendors.
- Process automation and scripting. Chef, PowerShell, command line, and Ansible scripting skills.
- Assists in setting business driven SLAs and owns evolving the environment to meet or exceed those SLAs.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and issue resolution for all supported systems.
- Utilize monitoring tools for performance monitoring and capacity management. Plan proactive system changes/upgrades based on performance and capacity data.
- Create and maintain documentation for team standards, procedures, common issue resolution for other IT staff and systems users.
- Participate in team on-call rotation schedules. On-call provides 24/7 availability during rotation to support issues and assist team with scheduled operational tasks after production hours.
- Position requires working after normal business hours to implement changes to supported systems.
- Train and provide guidance to offshore L2 team members to perform day-to-day operations tasks. Guide L2 team to complete operational tasks and assist with L3 projects when appropriate.
- Works with minimal supervision. Needs to be self-motivated, and goal oriented.
- Identifies and applies creative solutions to solving business problems.
- Consistently meets commitments to customers with high quality and timely deliverables.
- Conducts regular and careful analysis of existing team processes and tools.
- Makes sound decisions based on adequate information, considers alternative solutions before making decisions.
- Utilizes solid verbal and written communication skills to keep others up-to-date with information they need.
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Works effectively with people at all levels of the organization. Interacts openly and directly with others.
- Asks thoughtful questions to gain a better understanding of differing viewpoints.
- Builds a strong network of internal and external partners.
- Keeps up to date on professional/technical developments, and personal technical skills.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal strengths and development priorities.
- Has an ability to work with technical as well as business unit personnel to understand needs and issues.
- Understands multi-faceted complex architectures, their issues and problems.
- Comfortable in an environment with flexible work schedules, 24/7 availability, and on-call rotation.
- Education required: B.S. in computer related major or equivalent work experience
- Registrations/Certifications required: None
- Registrations/Certifications preferred: MCSE, MCSA, VCP
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.