Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
6 - 12 month Contract
W2 only, NO corp to corp or 1099
Worker will be partially dedicated to rollout of project to replace the client's ticketing system and also support post implementation. Additionally, will need to be comfortable with tool development. The Application Support Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the support of complex enterprise applications. The ideal candidate would be a trouble-shooting expert with experience supporting and developing applications, performance monitoring tools and SaaS solutions. An understanding of programming object oriented programming techniques would be a plus.
The role will also interface heavily with new application project team to help in transitioning support to steady state operations.
Ideal candidate would also able to dedicate a certain portion of their time to improving existing toolsets to better provide monitoring and response.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Recognized as a subject matter expert on at least one OS and proficient in multiple operating systems, including OS performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Recognized as a subject matter expert on at least one web server and application server technology, configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, clustering, and debugging.
• Has experience with one or more of the big 3 cloud providers.
• Acts as a liaison and manages the Dev-Ops process with project delivery teams.
• Part of 24x7x365 support organization
• Able to interpret error messages from OS, Middleware stacks, Performance Management tools and applications to identify root cause and to restore service
• Demonstrates exceptional troubleshooting methodology.
• Demonstrate ability to independently triage highly complex system and application incidents.
• Able to evaluate new application requirements for operations best practices.
• Able to evaluate new system and/or infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
• Effective at dealing with change: Able to transition in role or handle a significant modification to workflow or technology with minimal ramp-up time and with very little guidance.
• Comfortable presenting issues to management as well as peers, both written and verbally in a concise fashion.
• Able to receive feedback in a constructive manner and consistently apply it to tasks.
• Able to create system and production documentation, adhering to organization standards.
Solid AppDynamics, Cloud and UI development experience. Robust scripting abilities, able to leverage existing APIs to build integrations and implementing SaaS solutions experience is a must.
Preferred Qualifications ITIL
Experience in the theme park/entertainment industry is preferred.
An understanding of programming object oriented programming techniques would be a plus.
Splunk Certification and Bachelors or equivalent
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.