Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Will be taking network calls, handle configurations, troubleshooting. Work closely with counterparts to resolve network issues.
This engineer leverages focused attention on finding areas that can be improved through network modifications, automation or process improvement by leveraging industry best practices, resolution of network of incidents, problems and major incident. Being closely aligned with Tier I, II and III operation support and Major Incident teams. The Network Service Improvement team members invest the necessary time to provide ongoing support, documentation,training and consultation to improve the operational support knowledge base and speed to resolution.
• Consult with stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
• Provide rotational support for ongoing Disaster Recovery Tests and on-call, which occur on weekends and/or evenings. Support may be required on-site.
• Provide ongoing assistance to tier I, II, III and Major Incident Management teams.
• Collaborate with peers to share observations to improve the overall network engineering services.
• Provide support to Network Services teams for implementation of network designs; manage self and (as required) others' delivery of work against budget and timeline requirements.
• Create as-built documentation which would include, but not limited to, Network Flows, Application Flows, Health Check Guides, Troubleshooting Check Lists and Guides.
• Facilitate the transition of new solution or technologies to operations, providing subject matter expertise in an educational and supportive manner.
• Provide initial support to incidents that enter Network Services queue. Work with Network Services peers to assign and assist in resolution of issues to minimize the MTTR.
• Participate and maintain vendor and carrier relationships.
• Provide Network Services support with the provisioning and TTU of circuits.
• Follow the processes and methodologies for Incident, Project and Change Management.
• Understand and translate cross-team dependencies into actionable plans.
• Proactively identify and manage risks. Plan for an effective risk mitigation.
• Support the iterative business planning process.
• Resolve issues in a timely manner. Demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Be on the rotational list for Network Services and operational vendor needs. Requires occasional on-site support on evenings or weekends. Could include working with vendors and test solutions post-changes.
• Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior
• Extensive, demonstrable knowledge of skills with data center and campus Local Area Networking core technologies.
• Demonstrable knowledge of carrier orders and provisioning
• Extensive, demonstrable knowledge of skills with one or more data center network enablement technologies, i.e., WAN acceleration and optimization; load balancing and traffic management; network encryption; IP address management; web proxy; firewalls; IDS/IPS; NAC;UC; deep packet analysis; etc.
• Certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, VCP, EMCIE, EMCTA, etc. are given a preference
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.