Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
New York, NY
12 Month contract-Temp to Perm
Assists Production Manager to keep track of production details. May liaise between editorial and sales departments to ensure content is delivered. Flows text, styles pages using preformatted templates. Scan images, put together backend. Format and enter content from press format into online layout (online position). Includes both makeup and ad sales Strong interpersonal & communication skills, professionalism. Detail oriented, analytical. Strong editing/ writing skills. Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience using Content Management Systems (InDesign). Ability to work with digital/ web software (online position)1+ years of relevant magazine production experience (print or online position). Undergraduate degree
Additional Job Details:
• Manage the calendar, answer phone calls, organize expense reports, build PowerPoint decks, etc. for the VP, Head of Programming, Client. Video and SVP, Business and Legal Affairs, TV & Video
• Attend meetings and interact with producers on a daily basis on behalf of and with the VP
• Work closely with the heads of the individual video brands in setting meetings and preparing presentations (internal and external)
• Act as basic technological assistance for the video team (setting up conference bridges, booking rooms for meetings, keeping video distribution lists up-to-date, etc.)
• Effectively disseminate information to the video team when needed, while also managing and archiving sensitive information provided by the VP
• Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You're energized by working in the start-up atmosphere of the growing Client. Video world, a dynamic digitally-led company-within-a-company.
• Proven: Yes, you love to roll up your sleeves and work in a new, uncertain environment. That said, you're not unfamiliar with working in or with large organizations, leading projects to completion with your analytic and creative mindset.
You have a Bachelors degree in journalism, television/film or a related-communications field.
• Communicative: Peers, bosses and direct reports flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you're delivering a presentation to shape the strategic direction of an investment, hosting a meeting or sending a simple email.
• Resourceful: You don't cut corners and you don't make excuses. You relish in the details of your work and are thorough in your approach to every project. Google is not your only source of info; you know when you don't know something, and strategize a plan of learning. You thrive with the help of others and actively seek out ways to improve and enhance everything you do.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) not just in telling stories, but between you and the wider team.
• Flexibility. You are a team player with a strong willingness to learn. You are willing to perform prep work for videos under tight deadlines and within a highly matrixed organization.
• Technical understanding. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Familiarity with the Adobe creative suite, including After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere preferred.
• Calm under pressure. You are organized and professional, and can balance the schedule of high quality projects under tight deadlines.
• Attention to Detail. You understand the devil is in the details.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.