Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global financial firm located in New York, NY has an immediate contract opportunity for a Project Manager/Coordinator.
*9 month+ contract*
Position: Project Management and Coordination, Workforce Strategy
Brokerage Wealth Management Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Brokerage Wealth Management business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Brokerage Wealth Management Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net
Wealth Management Technology – Business / Portfolio Management
This position is for a Project Coordinator for the Global Workforce Strategy team within Brokerage Wealth Management Technology at Brokerage's New York offices. The position will reside within the Central COO office, but will also work with the PAG areas. The candidate will be a part of a team responsible for the oversight and execution of the multi-year workforce strategy plan and will manage regular tracking and governance activities.
• Managing senior stakeholders in multiple product areas within Wealth Management Technology.
• Maintaining the project management structures, governance and oversight.
• Maintaining project schedules and ensuring that activities track to plan.
• Defining and delivering project artifacts in compliance with Brokerage standards.
• Assistance with documenting governance process flows, artifacts, and responsibilities.
• Leading project meetings and following up on discussions and deliverables
• Meeting Coordination
o Assist team leads in preparing and posting agendas
o Recording of minutes
o Posting, distribution, and verification of meeting minutes
• Action Items & Next Steps
o Recording of Action Items and accountabilities for follow-up
o Tracking and closure of Action Items
• Implementing all other appropriate industry-standard project and program management practices, including defining and reporting on key metrics, identifying risks, issues, gaps, and dependencies within and across work streams.
• The candidate should be flexible, highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment, and excellent team player. The candidate will be asked to juggle multiple ad hoc requests in addition to the BAU aspects of the role. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and flexible team player who has a strategic vision but also the ability to execute successfully.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in a related subject. Professional certifications including PMP a plus.
Years of Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Project and/or Technology Portfolio Management.
Skills required: The key skills required are:
• Organized project manager experienced in bringing structure to an unstructured or new project
• Thorough attention to detail required
• Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to multi-task with good organizational and time management capabilities
• Ability to be flexible with ever-changing prioritization
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proactive and responsive team player
• Financial Services experience is a significant plus
• Creative thinker who will take complete ownership and accountability
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.