Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Internal Auditor for IT
Kansas City, MI
2 Month Temp to Perm
The Internal Audit department functionally reports to the Audit Committee of Client's Board of Directors, and administratively reports to the Chief Financial Officer. We create an annual audit plan and the primary areas of focus are as follows:
• Compliance with generally accepted account principles (GAAP).
• Compliance with Client policies.
• Evaluation of an area's internal controls.
• Ways to add value to our clients.
This department is a great fit for someone looking for an opportunity to broaden their understanding of all Client businesses, assist management with developing a strong control environment, and offer value-added solutions.
Located in the Client corporate offices, the Sr. Internal Auditor-IT (Information Technology), is responsible for leading, planning, and performing technology-related internal audits, and completing audit projects which evaluate:
1) the reliability, integrity, and security of technical operating information systems and processes
2) compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations
3) the safeguarding of assets and the verification of those assets
4) opportunities to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness
The Sr. Internal Auditor-IT is responsible for participating on audits and ensuring assigned work is completed on time.
Responsibilities include audit planning, including scope and objective determination, interviewing, controls testing, preparation of work papers, and performing work that leads to logical conclusions.
Additional responsibilities include drafting audit reports and effectively communicating in written and oral formats with a variety of business partners at all levels of the organization. The Sr. Internal Auditor-IT researches, develops, negotiates, and communicates viable technology and/or business process improvement solutions with audit clients. A high degree of autonomy and
leadership is expected for this position. The ability to evaluate cyber-security controls, including analysis of related technical components, is required for this position.
The Sr. Internal Auditor-IT is responsible for participating in the department's annual and ongoing risk assessment planning used to establish an annual audit plan, which focuses on key business objectives for all of Client's businesses. The Sr. Internal Auditor-IT will also provide consulting support to ensure appropriate risks are identified and communicated, and will complete special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Demonstrated competence in one of the following areas in a technology environment: information security, data operations, application development, infrastructure management, identity/access management, or, change management.
• Professional experience with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
• NOTE: 10-15% of domestic and international travel could be necessary in this position
• 3+ years Information Technology or Information Security experience
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification or Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or cybersecurity education
• 3+ years IT auditing experience
• Understanding of Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT) and/or cybersecurity
• Technology experience with exposure to IT general controls in the following areas:
architecture/management/administration, asset management and software licensing, change management, project management/systems development, data center operations, customer/problem management, recoverability, telecommunications and email, systems management (mainframe, server, desktop), network
management, database management, information security management, identity and access management, and physical security.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal, presentation, conflict management, facilitation, interviewing, and diplomacy skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines with expected results.
• Demonstrated desire and aptitude for enhancing knowledge in technology and audit areas.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.