Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The statistician will work under the supervision of a Functional Team Lead to provide ongoing support in terms of required analysis.
The scope of analysis will cover all aspects of analysis performed by the team within different projects: Optimization, Segmentation, Tactical Tuning tasks, and data modelling/validation efforts depending on current needs and project plans. A primary area of focus for this position will be the Threshold Analysis, while maintaining the flexibility to switch amongst work streams based on business needs.
The Statistician will follow the globally consistent methodology, but is expected to have a high level of initiative and creativity and suggest enhancements to the current methodologies.
Requirements include a background in statistics and/or mathematics (including experience in predictive modelling), preferably also experience with data analysis and/or data mining. Experience and knowledge in banking and finance will be desirable, as well as the ability to read and create formal statistical documentation.
Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Prepare and validate data for threshold analysis.
2. Conduct data-driven analysis and create reports. Apply quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods; prepare statistical and non-statistical data exploration. Validate data, identify data quality issues (if any), and work with Technology to address them. Analyze and interpret data reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations answering specific business needs.
3. Document solutions and present results in a simple comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more formal documentation using statistical vocabulary.
• Strong statistical academic background with knowledge of quantitative methods
• Highly-skilled and good working knowledge of R, SAS & MS Office Suite
• Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and conference calls
• Team working experience (demonstrated team player ability required)
• Understanding of technical requirements, ability to communicate with Technical Support
• Ability to manipulate data using SQL or equivalent
• Statistical/data analytical skills - including both calculation and interpretation of outcome
• Methodical analysis and problem-solving skills
• Initiative, creativity and attention to detail are essential
• Ability to work under close supervision of a functional team manager, while preserving independence of thinking and responsibility for the results.
• Ability to discuss reasoning, critical assessment of facts and opinions; ability of giving comprehensive answers and arguments
• Conceptual and creative thinking (outside the box)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, through all levels of the organization and through different business units
• Self-motivated with high desire of self-development and learning
• Must be able to coordinate and deal with conflicting time demands
• Ability to work non-standard business hours, including weekends and holidays as determined by the business needs. Flexibility will be expected.
• Very good written and verbal communication ability in an educational style. Ability to express thoughts and concepts clearly.
• Teamwork: Ability to work well with a variety of people and to show team-player attitude regardless the scope of responsibilities.
• Creativity: Provide input into the innovation of new and enhanced approaches. Having initiative and a proactive attitude is desirable.
• Bachelor's degree required; Master degree in statistics/mathematics/technical science is preferred
• Experience with data exploration
• Mantas and AML monitoring systems experience or other transaction monitoring systems a plus.
• Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering a plus.
• Previous experience with financial services companies (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private banking)
• Knowledge of any programming language or dedicated statistical software would be an advantage
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.