Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Global financial firm in New York, NY has an immediate opening for a Wireless Network Engineer.
This is a senior engineer role is to provide Product selection, feature evaluation , test plan/lab certification, templatizing (documenting implementation of Best Practices) as well aspects of the Engineering design for new incremental requirements coming from the Defense in Depth initiatives to better secure and segregate the network across all applications and services. The Sr. Data Network Engineer will be responsible for the product selection and evolve into its SME for MAN/ DC and WiFI, in providing innovation, quality assurance as well as collaborate in supporting certifying in the WiFI and MAN/ Campus / Data Ctrr products, ranging from DC to security with our extended EI peers (EC/ EUC/ TIR) as well as the BUs we serve like Wealth Mgmt and ISG. The immediate project this individual work on will be stemming from the engineering needs and vendor offerings on product selection and also designs for campus and WiFI. Requires a understanding on Campus/ Wireless and DC products like Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, WLC , Unified/ FlexConnect, related security aspects like MAB/DOT1X, LAN/ Campus/ AP technologies , WiFI expertise.This individual's focus will further be as the in between PlatEng & TIR so a heavy IT security/ DDoS mitigation techniques and overall security knowledge is required. He/ she will also be required to allocate portin of his/ her focus in the Data Center space, an area of unparallel growth and change in view of new Data Center protocols like VxLAN and eVPN and their applicability in the MS next-gen DCs as ways to say provide Service Mobility and Network segmentations. In depth knowledge of Cisco Enterprise Wi-Fi deployments and associated WLAN products as well as an understanding the security aspects of hardening (securing) Wi-Fi and interaction with radius/LDAP servers The role requires extensive interactions performing interop verifications with TIR and other EI verticals and for validating proper code operations. Heavy interaction with T & D and BU in extrapolating requirements, more verification work as driven by the Ring Segregation, staging and verifying features and end-end performance and tuning as needed. Those can range from security, to QoS, to TCP tweaks for optimization, etc.
- Ability to write and execute a test planintimate hands on knowledge of complex network designs, dynamic routing OSPF, RIP, mBGP, PIM, MVPN/ Data MDT/ Default MDT, QoS, SPAN, netflow, sFlow etc.
- Segregation and security features such as TrustSec, policy automation, encryption, overlays, VRF, ACL, Client, 802.1x, MAB, RADIUS, MACSec, IPSec etc. Wireless
- Ability to prioritise effectively with good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.Excellent writing skills are a must
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Deep sense of ownership/accountability
- High level of initiative, proactive approach.
- Stakeholder management and providing reports and overviews to both technical and non-technical senior management
- Ability to work in a global team environment
- Test Automation, scripting a major plus
- Converged Wi-Fi
- Desire and ability to assimilate new technologies and know where the industry is heading on Campus/ DC/ Security/ Hardening
- Knowledge of Ixia of Spirent test/ test libraries for testing, automation and regression
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.