Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Specialist – Nurse Assessor
Open Ended Contract
35 Hour Work Week
Suffolk County, NY
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program;
Required Licensure: Current RN Licensure in New York State
Required Experience: 2+ years RN experience in home care or 1+ Years of Home Care and previous UAS Experience
*Responsible for own transportation
Ability to review health status questions and make evaluations and determinations based on UAS criteria for enrollment; ability to work with technology in the workplace; knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of general professional nursing; knowledge of state and agency laws and regulations governing general professional nursing practices; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with multi-generational consumers; ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the concerns of others; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and a strong ability to work independently
Other: Travel required
1. Perform initial in-home pre-evaluation of patients that includes evaluation of health status, strengths, care needs, and preferences and guides the development of individualized long term care service plans
2. Review consumer medical documentation and or health referral forms, as relevant to the case
3. Enter evaluation data into electronic evaluation form and transmit, as required
4. Document any concerns, conflicting information, other issues that surface during the evaluation process
5. Emphasize continuity of care, thus reducing or eliminating fragmentation, duplication, and gaps in treatment plan
6. Discuss with consumer on health care options, supports needed, service vendor options and waiver options
7. Initiate communication between the Call Center and eligible consumers for enrollment into a managed care health plan
8. Enhance communication and collaborative relationships with interdisciplinary care team members to improve care coordination and facilitate service delivery
9. Collect quality review data and any required documentation to support outcome measurements and record case notes into CRM
10. Identify opportunities for health promotion and illness prevention
11. Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources, payor requirements, and network services for target population
12. Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position.
13. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Nurse Manager or other project management.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.