Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global financial firm located in New York, NY has an immediate contract opportunity for a SharePoint Developer
*No third parties please*
The Brokerage SharePoint Engineering team is responsible for the build of the SharePoint platform for firm wide collaboration as well as application hosting & development, both internal and external. Besides providing platform expertise, we offer economies of scale and ease of management by creating management & SDLC tools, APIs and other services for easy deployment of critical applications. A lot of our work involves enhancing the vendor offering, filling gaps and influencing the future roadmap of the product with the vendor. We seek a SharePoint developer with a strong understanding of SharePoint on premises / Online / out of the box features and be able to help clients organize and restructure the SharePoint sites . A self-starter with an ability to work in a globally dispersed team and clients spanning over 40,000 sites. The candidate will be responsible for managing their own projects & propose project timelines for tasks assigned to them. The candidate will responsible to configure/build governance components for SharePoint Online. The candidate should help end users to re-organize and restructure SharePoint online.
- Strong C#, ASP.Net & PowerShell skills
- Ability demo SharePoint features; to provide specialized consulting services with regards to out of the box features provided by SharePoint .
- Strong SharePoint fundamentals including out of the box web parts, lists, content types, workflows, templates, site admin tasks and master pages.
- Good communication skills to help end users train with basic SharePoint task and hold training sessions.
- Ability to speak with clients ranging from across all levels with appropriate follow through, status updates and follow-up.
- Ability to evaluate business requirements; map them to SharePoint out of the box features.
- Hands-on experience in resolving migration issues specific to each site.
- Strong understanding of SharePoint 2010/2016/SharePoint Online and the underlying technologies.
- Excellent understanding of Single Sign On technologies (Ping Federate, SAML, Windows Kerberos).
- Experience with Office 365 (SharePoint Online) application development, management & deployment.
- Experience with Github, Jira and other continuous integration technology and SDLC agile development techniques.
- Excellent understanding of security/networking/internet technologies (HTTP/HTTPS/TCPIP/SSL/DNS/Digital certificates).
- Ability to develop applications and system tools to implement, deploy and manage infrastructure systems on premise and in the cloud.
- Must be able to work on several tasks depending on the life cycle of the product including design, development, product support and troubleshooting.
- Able to understand SharePoint Designer workflows and document possible workarounds.
- Able to do SharePoint Administration tasks.
- Is able to track issues, resolve them, escalate to the core engineering or Microsoft support as needed
- Site consolidation and site deconsolidation.
- Training of how certain existing features might have changed in the new platform.
- Able to perform user entitlement assessments.
- Able to do research and suggest on use of new features and implementation of that feature on the new platform.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.