Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Global financial firm located in Montreal, QC has an immediate contract opportunity for a Security Cloud Specialist
*Must be onsite in Montreal, QC*
The IT Security Architecture (SecArch) team is part of the Technology Infrastructure Risk (TIR) organization. The mission of the SecArch team is to provide security assessments of technology systems and processes to identify business risks and recommend remedial action based on established security standards or security best practices. This highly leveraged internal position within Brokerage's IT Security organization has excellent growth potential. The security architecture team works with IT groups on a global basis to ensure that IT projects are executed on a secure basis. The successful candidate will join the Cloud Practice within the larger Security Architecture team. This team reviews security posture of projects involving SaaS, PaaS or IaaS and recommend steps towards the secure usage of Cloud Technologies. This role requires hands-on experience in application and/or infrastructure security, technology risk management in a highly regulated environment as well as great organizational and communication skills.
Specific role responsibilities include:
- Work with network, platform, engineering and development teams in architecture design and review session.
- Provide specific security expertise to engineering teams. Areas include secure network design, database access, security testing, authentication methods, implementing encryption, entitlement design, logging, input validation, secure storage design, secure data transfer.
- Identify areas of risk on projects where security requirements cannot be fully addressed in the required time frame of the project.
- Document and present those risks to senior business, IT and Security team members.
- Help identify areas of security the firm might want to invest in improve IT security.
- Create documentation and guidance on the secure implementation of new technologies in the firm.
- This involves liaising with other technology subject matter experts to build consensus, outlining areas of improvement in written form and explaining concerns early on.
- Conduct security training for IT groups
- 5 to 8 years of information security experience
- Computer Science, or other Engineering Degree
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills to be able to interact at all levels & be effective as part of a broader team, capable of taking broad objectives and create and execute a concrete plan
- Ability to influence and engage with senior management
- Ability to manage expectations and handle high-pressure situations with tight deadlines
- Experience in an information security (application and/or infrastructure) role in an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on experience with popular Cloud Vendors and technologies such as Amazon, Microsoft Azure and Office365, Google Apps and Compute Engine, Salesforce, Rackspace, OpenStack.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and demands
- Deep knowledge and experience in at least one of the classic security topics such as: networking, cryptography, web security, reverse engineering, operating system security.
- Ability to write documentation for all types of audiences, from very specific technical guides to higher level research on technologies and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to see through sales pitches to find inconsistencies and omissions to quickly identify the most effective areas to look for controls gaps, and the technical ability to follow through.
-Experience with Software Defined Networking Technologies
-Experience with authorization and authentication technologies such as SAML, OAuth and OpenID.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.