Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
• Schedules: Rotating shift One week 4 days the following week 3 days. All shifts 12 hours / day. Every other weekend.
• Two 12 hours shifts
• Temp to Hire
The Class II Boiler Mechanic Trainee is an entry-level position for an employee wishing to become a Class III Boiler Mechanic. This position provides core support for the facility in the ammonia/boiler/building/grounds areas. This position requires a demonstration of strong mechanical skills. This position operates as a utility department leader and is active in the refinement of the preventative maintenance schedule, along with utility equipment and systems. The position is a key member of the plant maintenance team and will help the advancement of the plant through participating on various improvement teams in the plant including the maintenance improvement process. The position will provide assistance outside of the utility area when possible.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
• Performs boiler operational duties including testing, sampling, and safety documentation duties
• Operation and troubleshooting of the full utility system including ammonia, steam, refrigeration, air, water, etc.
• Responsibility of operating and preventative maintenance of all utility systems in the facility
• Troubleshooting of all power transmission systems related to utility equipment
• Preventative Maintenance duties including parts issue in SAP
• Performs operational duties, reviews, and data entry to ensure compliance to the facility's Process Safety Management (PSM) Program
• Performs building and grounds maintenance as required
• Performs functions in various internal computer systems
• Actively involved in safety leadership, issue resolution, and continuous improvement
• Responds to activated system alarms
• Operate Ariel Platform lift, Fork truck, and Hand truck as needed
• Active member of the Hazardous Waste Team along with performing security and environmental duties as required
• Perform observations and trainings timely as required
• Support Plant Quality Systems
• Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP's and other daily/job specific duties to support implementation of QRMP.
• Pipefitting duties for the building facilities
• Welding duties as assigned
• All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma/GED
• Demonstrated strong mechanical skills
• Basic electricity knowledge
• Use of shop / hand tools
• Strong written communication skills
• Must have the ability to work independently
• Required to perform job duties efficiently and safely
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member or lead a team
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
• Ability to work extended hours to cover the business needs
• Demonstrated self- starter, initiating work, and attention to detail
• Must be available to work all shifts including extending hours, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Must adhere to all Food and Beverage Client Polices as stated in the Employee Handbook and follow internal Food and Beverage Client Procedures
English Language Skills – Able to speak, read, and write
NOTE: Most important skill to have/want to learn is how to operate and maintain a boiler system. However, this job does entail miscellaneous mechanical duties as assigned as well.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.