Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
12+ Month Contract
W 2 ONLY
Job Title - Electronics Hardware Engineer
1. Participates in the development and/or improvement of new and existing products for design change, cost reductions, warranty improvements, and manufacturability.
2. Works with minimal direction to create and develop product concepts, and oversees the development to meet time and budgetary constraints.
3. Conducts engineering qualification tests on the product including coordinating with outside agencies to ensure compliance.
4. Takes initiative to recommend projects, product improvements or cost reductions.
5. Performs tradeoff between implementation, schedule, cost and resource constraints and recommend alternatives.
6. Provides technical feedback, input and consultation to other departments in design or implementation activities.
7. Utilizes CAD systems as related to job.
8. Utilizes software application programs such as Microsoft Office, Mentor Graphics Expedition, etc.
9. Handles multiple complex or multi-activity tasks simultaneously. Has effective time management skills so that high priority tasks are completed as planned.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline. Master degree preferred.
2. Minimum 5 years, preferred 10 years, of experience in product design or engineering experience. Advanced skills, additional education and exceptional performance may alter this requirement.
3. Able to apply fundamental engineering theories, mathematics, mechanics, and physical science concepts to the job.
4. Experience with electrical schematic capture, PCB layout, 3D CAD modeling, parts database structures, BOM structures, and engineering change management.
5. Preferred experience with Mentor Graphics Expedition, Mentor Graphics Valor, and Windchill/Creo.
6. Preferred experience in the fields of electrical (120/230Vac), electronic, mechatronics, and electro-mechanical design.
7. Preferred experience designing circuits to control DC brush and brushless motors.
8. Preferred experience with EMC design techniques.
9. Preferred experience designing for regulatory compliance of UL, CE, and other global standards.
10. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and limitations to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
11. Able to obtain and interpret datasheets for electrical and control components, and determine electrical and mechanical requirements.
12. Able to proficiently use the tools or materials required to perform typical assigned duties.
13. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, good written and oral communications skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
14. Preferred experience interfacing with global manufacturing facilities.
15. Ability to work independently, as well as direct the work of others.
16. High attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
17. Possess a professional appearance and positive work attitude, in accordance with work area and company policies.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.