Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Perform project implementation (Center Engineering, Field Engineering, Vendor Management) for various projects in the Telecommunication network. Candidates will engineer and manage multiple simultaneous projects. The position requires involvement throughout the entire life cycle of a network build.
The Engineer will utilize the Telecommunication Capacity Creation Process (CCP) system, Capital Management systems, vSAP, and other internal systems to ensure a timely deployment of each network build as well as being responsible for the expedited project closure of the finalized build.
Functional Responsibilities Include:
- Engineering details will include but not be limited to project-specific installation instructions, engineering database (ICON, CCP) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space, rack placement, infrastructure such as racking and overhead raceway along with associated detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Coordinate and drive engineering and project implementation issues to resolution.
- Manage multiple projects & associated budgets, provide timely reporting, and effectively coordinate with Planning, Vendor Technical Management, and Program Management organizations.
- Manage multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
- Negotiate and coordinate overall project schedules for engineering activities, Construction start and completion dates, Database Of Record completions, and all intermediate project milestones.
- Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve project related issues.
- Responsible to coordinate and schedule resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements within business goals and objectives.
- Visit locations for the purpose of end-of-job (EOJ) walk throughs / closing out jobs.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Sponsor, Functional Team Members, and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
College Degree with focus in area of engineering or other technical discipline. Military service strongly desired. Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion, using conflict resolution, facilitation, solution-driven analysis, superior communication and project methodology. Understanding of telecom networks and related equipment a strong plus. Excellent Excel, Word, PPT, and other MS application skills a must.
May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge in job-related functional area and of telecommunications technology. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and 1 to 5 years of experience.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.