Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Maintains an even flow of processed and in-process materials, both inter and intra departmental. Receives, inspects, checks, identifies, warehouses, and issues a wide variety of materials and parts.
1. Receives and locates incoming production materials and checks material for part identification, proper quantities, and acceptability. Initializes corrections to discrepancies in the paperwork associated with the flow of material.
2. Stores material in accordance with warehousing practices. Notifies, utility operator or supervisor of discrepancies.
3. Issues material in accordance with verbal, as well as written instructions in a timely sequence to meet production demands.
4. Delivers materials to proper production or storage areas as scheduled and required. Performs specific department requests for lift assistance. Sets up specific production areas with material tone used on the production lines.
5. Drives and is knowledgeable in operating various types of material handling equipment. Makes daily equipment and battery checks for water levels, oil levels, brakes, and tires.
6. Loads and unloads trucks and delivers material to respective area.
7. Keeps storage and staging area orderly and clean.
8. Required to work outside in various weather conditions.
Works under general supervision of department head and/or shift supervisor. Must maintain scheduled work by servicing multiple demands in several areas. The material handler has as a main objective, the accurate receipt, the systematic storage, and the scheduled issuance of material to and from various production departments. Complete knowledge of the use and purpose of move tickets, issue tickets, locator filing systems, etc. is necessary in order to maintain the integrity of stockroom records. Care and caution must be exercised to avoid dumping and damaging expensive loads and equipment. Lifts and carries heavy materials, asking for assistance when required. Positions and moves heavy materials utilizing material handling equipment. Operates various types of material handling equipment to facilitate the movement of material.
The safety of self and others is considered above all other matters when using equipment. All employees are expected to:
• Follow established working procedures.
• Be responsible for his/her own work, under minimal supervision and instruction.
• Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
• Keep work area clean and orderly.
• Contribute suggestions for methods or product improvement.
Handles materials such as: paints, thinners, solvents, etc. which have been defined as hazardous. Required to attend annual training for Hazardous Materials/Waste Management.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.