Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
9+ Month Contract
**Rotating Shifts: must be available to work days, nights, and weekends: 6:45am-7pm and 6:45pm-7am
• Temporary entry level Contractor position in the production and warehouse operations of drumming, shipping and storage of drummed surfactant chemicals. This position assists higher-level operators in different phases of production and warehouse work to acquire needed skills to performs less complex duties independently. Common examples of daily job tasks are the following: working in the production manufacturing area as operator setting up process piping for product transfers, responsible for drum filling operations (drumming) in production areas, working in the warehouse area operating a forklift truck to transfer, stage, and load palletized drums, and performing general housekeeping items.
• A High School education or equivalent is the minimum requirement but prefer at least an associate's degree from a recognized technical/community college. In addition, must possess the ability to work different schedules to follow the rotation of work areas in the Production and Logistics departments when needed:
• Training and work assignments change periodically to develop job knowledge in different departments. The willingness and ability to work outside in various weather conditions and perform the physical requirements of the job such as; bending, stooping, lifting up to 50lbs. routinely and 60lbs on occasion. The individual will be very safety conscious when working with and around chemicals, show initiative, have excellent attention to detail, be results oriented and customer focused, possess good communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a team environment. The individual must also be able to prioritize tasks and be self-motivated. Must possess the necessary skills from the competency training program.
• Job requires a moderate degree of manual dexterity to operate manual valves, connect and disconnect hoses, move hoses from one location to another, start/stop pumps and observe correct operation, drum scales, conveyor switches, etc. Operates forklift truck and handles filling of drums with product and transporting of drums with forklift. These require sufficient manual skills. Operation covers drumming systems where speed and production, as well as quality, depend on manual skill. 70% of the job requires standing, walking, to observe and operate controls and valves, drumming of products, etc. 30% of the job requires manual material handling, recording data, etc.
Mental and Visual Demands:
• Type of work involves operations of various types of equipment located on many levels, which requires a high degree of concentration during various phases of the operation. Contractor Operating procedures to perform varies task are detailed and must be carefully followed to produce on spec material.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.