Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The client has a vacancy for an FMS Integration/System Tester. The primary role of the Financial Management System (FMS) Integration/System Tester is to test the various work streams, applications or releases that comprise the City's Web-based financial management system (FMS) from a functional perspective. Functional testing encompasses integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing of the application configuration, application, interface, and integration programs, and batch/reporting jobs. During development and/or after production implementation of a specific work stream/application/release, the Tester will perform the following tasks for a specific set of functionality: 1) analyze requirements, functional designs, technical specifications, and other project artifacts to understand the functionality; 2) write manual and/or automated test cases per the functional requirements; 3) execute manual and/or automated test cases and retests as required; and 4) document and report test results including documenting and reporting defects.
The FMS/3 Integration/System Tester will be assigned to one of three or more test teams responsible for the functional testing of a specific work stream/application/release during development and/or after production implementation. Each tester will develop test outlines and detailed cases and/or execute test cases or retests for a specific set of functionality for the assigned work stream/application/release. In this capacity, the FMS/3 Integration/System Tester will interact with different City and Vendor staff assigned to the FMS/3 Project including business analysts, application architects; developers, configuration management and production support staff.
Under the direct supervision of an FMS Functional Test Lead and per FMS/Project testing standards and guidelines, the FMS Integration/System Tester will perform the following tasks:
• Complete a formal training and ramp-up program developed by the Test Lead for the assigned set of functionality;
• If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
• Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and signs;
• Develop functional test outlines arid detailed test cases per the Test Lead's test plan;
• Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
• Design back-end queries for data set-up and verification (082 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
• Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
• Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
• Execute functional test cases per the Team Lead's test plan and retest as appropriate;
• Update test execution progress in Client ALM tool (as needed);
• Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
• Document and report on test results;
• Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest;
• Assist in training and turning over completed projects to an FMS maintenance team
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.