Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
The Electrical Mechanical Technician is responsible for implementing the Factory's Preventative and Corrective Maintenance programs. Conduct troubleshooting, repair, and modifications to all of the factory production, equipment and systems. Comply with scheduled maintenance activities on a priority basis to minimize equipment downtime and maximize efficiencies.
1. Installs, maintains, dissembles, refits, repairs and/or rebuilds electrical/mechanical equipment and/or machines, under supervision, to ensure production goals are met (may include automatic and process controls, HMI, relays, electronic controls, printers, scales, fuses, wiring defects, control modules, and alarm systems).
2. Conducts tests of installed/repaired equipment/machinery and makes final adjustments, under supervision, to ensure safe and proper operation.
3. Interprets work orders, concepts, and directs the operation, repair and preventive maintenance function for all assigned electrical and mechanical equipment.
4. Reads wiring diagrams, blue prints, and schematics and follows directions from manuals and applies PLC ladder logic in solving problems.
5. Carries out simple and complex instructions to diagnose hidden defects on assigned equipment and makes appropriate corrections under the pressure of production requirements.
6. Identifies all parts and supplies necessary to support assigned areas and shifts and ensures timely delivery of parts and supplies to meet production deadlines.
7. Notifies appropriate supervision of any electrical and/or mechanical issues that arise.
8. Learns new and existing equipment and systems.
1. Ensures daily, weekly, and monthly records systems to support preventive maintenance and work orders systems are properly updated and maintained.
1. Adheres to established safety guidelines, policies, and procedures while promoting a safe work environment.
1. Recommends measures to improve routine maintenance, production efficiencies, operational effectiveness, equipment performance.
2. Completes work orders in a timely manner meeting or exceeding pre-established deadlines to reduce downtime and meet production goals.
3. Works with Production Dept. to determine optimal time for any needed repairs on equipment and follows through to ensure repairs are made on schedule.
Internal Customer Service
1. Establishes positive relationships with all plant personnel.
2. Responds quickly to requests for assistance from production personnel.
3. Provides specific information regarding the nature and status of repairs and/or maintenance issues.
4. Provides timely follow up to production personnel regarding status or repairs and/or maintenance issues.
Client Global Performance System (HGPS)
1. Implements and utilizes HGPS standard practices and tools to deliver sustainable, world-class performance in order to continually meet our pursued goal of world-class status.
The preceding functions have been provided as representative of the types of work performed by the employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify change or rescind the work assignments of this and different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / EXPERIENCE LEVELS
The Electrical Mechanical Technician must possess knowledge of and understand the following:
• Rebuilding, repairing, and/or replacement of electrical equipment, parts, fuses, wiring, and
machines, HMI, relays, electronic controls, printers, scales, and alarm systems.
• Process for conducting periodic preventative maintenance to include electrical and
mechanical inspections, disassembly/reassembly of subsystems, proper lubrication, and
• Work order procedures and concepts.
• Wiring diagrams, blue prints, schematics, and manuals.
• PLC ladder logic.
• Mig/Tig/Arc/Braze welding, and soldering.
• Parts and supplies to support assigned areas and shifts. • Daily, weekly, and monthly records and work order systems.
• Policies and procedures for taking and logging parts from MRO.
• Policies and procedures for submitting and documenting parts requests.
• Policies and procedures for documenting equipment failure/repair analysis, work order
information, and parts information on CMMS and appropriate forms.
• Plant's safety guidelines, policies, procedures, etc.
• Environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Maintenance Food
• Continuous improvement processes.
The Electrical Mechanical Technician must possess the following skills:
• Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly records to support preventive maintenance and work orders
systems are properly updated and maintained.
• Read wiring diagrams, blue prints, and schematics and follows directions from manuals and
applies PLC ladder logic in solving problems.
• Join pieces of metal together by way of Mig/Tig/Arc/Braze welding, and soldering.
• Ensures all parts and supplies necessary to support assigned areas and shifts are properly
requested and logged out on time to meet production deadlines.
• Complete all Work Orders within a timely manner meeting or exceeding pre-established
deadlines to reduce downtime and meet production goals.
• Document equipment failure/repair analysis, work order information and parts information
with company CMMS and company forms.
• Comply with environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and
Maintenance Food Safety Program while promoting a safe work environment.
• Recommend measures to improve routine maintenance, production efficiencies, operational
effectiveness, equipment performance, and safety in all assigned areas and shifts.
• Troubleshoot malfunctioning electrical/mechanical/ hydraulic/pneumatic/gas fired production equipment in a stressful environment.
The Electrical Mechanical Technician must possess the following minimal education and experience:
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Certifications /Courses: Welding course or one year experience.
• One year experience troubleshooting and resolving maintenance problems and/or issues.
• One year experience maintaining computer-aided production equipment/machines.
• Three years work experience in a bilingual food manufacturing operation preferred.
The preceding functions have been provided as the types of work performed by the employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Immediate Supervisor (title): Production Maintenance Supervisor
Subordinates (titles): None
Other Job Titles Reporting to the Same Immediate Supervisor: Senior Electrical Mechanical Technicians, Electrical Mechanical Foreman, MRO Clerk, MRO Coordinator
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/SUPERVISOR COMMENTS
The Electrical Mechanical Technician displays the following winning work attributes:
• Treats others with dignity and respect.
• Demonstrates flexibility and openness to change.
• Actively cooperates and encourages cooperation from others.
• Maintains a calm and controlled demeanor, especially in stressful situations.
• Responds resourcefully to change and ambiguity.
• Demonstrates commitment to self improvement.
• Complies with laws and the company's ethical principles.
• Focuses time and energy on established priorities.
• Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
• Takes action and reliably delivers on commitments.
• Allocates time efficiently to meet production goals.
• Effectively balances multiple demands and competing priorities.
• Builds quality into every dimension of work.
• Is accessible and supportive of others.
• Demonstrates awareness of customer needs.
• Strives to achieve quality standards in all work.
• Applies best practices as he/she learns them.
• Is on time at the beginning of work and adheres to breaks and lunch schedules.
• Is thoroughly prepared at the beginning of work.
• Is productive throughout the entire work day or shift.
• Strives to improve his/her job knowledge and job skills.
• Helps others, when help is needed.
• Is a positive team member who supports the company and its initiatives.
• Actively participates in meetings.
• Maintains a positive attitude and builds positive relationships throughout the plant.
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with vendors and others providing service to
• Is accurate and attentive to detail.
• Requires minimal supervision.
• Able to multi-task as needed.
• Good communicator.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.