Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Enterprise Application Middleware is seeking a Middleware Cloud Engineer with experience in AWS Cloud. This role will focus on architecture, design, implementation and integration of applications designated for deployment to AWS and other Cloud providers. This is a cloud delivery leadership role and we are looking for someone with the technical experience to deliver reliable cloud solutions. The role will require that the individual be familiar with current and emerging middleware technologies and system architectures. The position will include developing automation, baselines, best practices and standards for the migration of existing "on premises” applications and deployment of custom developed applications to the Cloud. The role requires an individual who can work closely with application developers, architects and infrastructure engineers to deliver solutions in a team oriented environment. The expectation is that this candidate will work with others in the organization to develop a new model for maintaining and supporting our applications as we establish a significant presence within the Cloud landscape.
• Contribute to Cloud strategy discussions and decisions on overall Cloud design and best approach for implementing Cloud solutions.
• Define best practices around migrating applications and required middleware to AWS and other Cloud providers.
• Develop standards and procedures for all aspects of middleware software stacks in the Cloud.
• Identify system enhancement and automation opportunities for installing/maintaining middleware software, building, deploying and monitoring applications as well as alerting and remediating system outages.
• Provide installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support for middleware application software both on premises and in the Cloud.
• Work closely with other infrastructure teams to deliver new environments and resolve problems related to existing infrastructure.
• Design, test and support solutions for both high availability and Disaster Recovery on premises and in the Cloud
• Support for the adoption of DevOps methodology and Agile project management
• Diagram and document middleware Cloud implementations.
• Provide technical solutions for Cloud middleware projects by developing sound architecture plans while establishing standard and automated middleware service delivery solutions.
• Provide mentoring, knowledge transfer and assist in training for other members of the middleware team.
• Minimum of 2 -3 years working with AWS Cloud
• Minimum of 5 years experience working on Unix/Linux middleware
• Knowledge of database, messaging, caching, Web and application server environments.
• Ability to write scripts (Unix/Linux, PHP, Jython) for automation of web application builds and deployments
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet a plus.
• Some experience with identity access management (IAM) is a plus
• Experience working with Docker containers
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.