Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Financial Firm has a Contract Opportunity in NYC
Data risk, architecture governance and/or quality needed. Needs to be comfortable talking to senior level executives
6 month contract w/ possible extension OR conversion to full time
Data Management Risk is a new risk function which is being established to ensure an effective governance of data including legal and regulatory compliant management of information globally. This includes working closely with other second line of defence (2LoDs) such as Compliance, Legal, Risk, Finance, etc in providing a 2LoD support for 1st line businesses and the Chief Data Office functions.
This role is for an experienced data risk management specialist to join the Information & Resilience Risk Management (IRRM) team in New York, reporting to the Americas Regional Head of Data Management Risk.
The candidate will have a working knowledge of Risk Identification and Risk & Control Assessment process and extensive experience in related data lifecycle management, data governance, data architecture, and data quality management. This experience would ideally have been obtained within the risk management, technology or data management functions in a tier 1 global bank, Technology Company or a top consultancy / advisory firm.
This role will appeal to someone who seeks to make an impact by applying their knowledge and experience to data governance and integration to help strengthen the Bank's Risk Management Framework, systems and practices to enable risk-based decision-making across 1st Line of Defence, whilst enhancing 2LoD risk governance and control assurance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing quarterly Risk Identification process and annual Risk & Control Assessment for data management risk as 2LoD and facilitate periodic meetings with 1LoD for risk related to data architecture, governance and quality.
This is a unique opportunity to help establish a new data risk management function within a global organisation and build the reputation, culture, policies and systems to deliver effective data management.
You will have:
• At least 5-7+ years' experience of data architecture, data quality management, data lifecycle management and governance preferably within the Banking Industry
• Experience in Risk Identification and Risk & Control Assessment process
• Experience with implementing a data lifecycle risk management framework specifically design, development, enhancement, implementation, oversight and assurance
• Experience with establishing risk and control taxonomies and libraries including risk drivers as it relates to data lifecycle management
• Knowledge of principles and technologies supporting the 'information eco-system' including data organisation, creation, consumption, processing and transformation, including the associated risks and expected controls for such
• Familiarity with the domain of Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Protection, Client 239 principles
• Appreciation of the regulatory environment in US (CCAR and Dodd-Frank) and the lead regulator perspectives on data risk management
• Experience and skills to manage projects and staff effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills, including strong influencing and persuading skills
• Excellent time management skills combined with the ability to work on your own initiative and exercise judgment with discretion
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.