Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Large Company has a Contract Opporunity in Jersey City, NJ
The purpose of the Counterparty Credit Risk ( "CCR”) team is to set forth guidelines for specific actions that CCR personnel should take to fulfill its mandate to identify, rate, and monitor the credit risk of member and participant firms and repurchase agreement counterparties, depository banks and money market, Line of Credit Providers, and critical vendors. The Counterparty Credit Risk team is primarily responsible for assessing the financial stability of member firms by interpreting, but not limited to, focus filings, income statements, and balance sheets. Each CCR analyst is responsible for a portfolio of Member firms and is required to perform annual reviews and ongoing surveillance, review earnings releases and reviewing new Member applications across the CCPs. The analyst is also tasked with maintenance of the credit risk rating matrix and assessing compliance with established financial parameters and keeping current on new accounting and regulatory pronouncements that impact member firms.
The Temp Manager of Counterparty Credit Risk is responsible for leading and developing a team of credit analysts and providing oversight of a portfolio consisting of banks, broker-dealers, and other financial institutions.
• Approve completed annual reviews and ongoing surveillance of member firms across clearing corporations.
• Coordinate requirements for the design of credit risk monitoring tools to further automation.
• Review credit thresholds for Treasury counterparties to assure adherence to policy standards.
• Liaise among internal departments, including CCPs, Legal, and Compliance, to maintain transparency when communicating with external members.
• Manage and develop staff of approximately 2-5 analysts.
• Oversee new member applications to ensure compliance with membership requirements.
• Act as first-line of approval in placing member firms on enhanced surveillance.
• Demonstrate the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in the organization.
• Drive regulatory awareness and compliance and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices.
• Ensure compliance with CCR's policies and procedures
Supervises staff of 2-5 credit analysts.
Reports To Director, Counterparty Credit Risk
7+ years of experience risk management or financial analysis, including 4+ years of managerial experience; experience in financial statement analysis of numerous types of financial sector firms, knowledge of credit risk modeling and experience with a broad range of financial products.
• Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis with a concentration in broker/dealers, banks, hedge funds, and foreign entities
• Understanding of the regulatory financial reporting required for broker/dealers and bank such as FOCUS and Call Reports
• Strong understanding of regulatory rules and regulations
• Excellent understanding of global market risks and their impact on members' financial condition
• Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate effective management skills, including ability to oversee a team of analysts and promote their development
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.