Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Financial Firm located in Elk Grove Village, IL has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced Project Manager.
• Responsible for delivery of projects/programs within time, cost and scope/quality defined boundaries, in either Agile or Waterfall Project Management Methodology.
• Lead projects for the Global Consumer Technology Retail Services Line of Business. Credit cards industry/financial services experience as a preference.
• Deliver solutions addressing customer requirements; define milestones, resources and schedules.
• Builds and maintains high performance teams through own actions and direction provided to others.
• Ensures project closes effectively through production turnover, documentation of learning's and provision of feedback on project resource performance
• Oversees medium size to large complex IT projects.
• Develops detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
• Interfaces with project staff and clients regarding status of projects.
• Provides sound understanding of IT project leadership concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.
• Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes coupled with Production Quality Assurance Standards
• Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within IT project leadership to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
• Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
• Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
• Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
• Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
• Extensive exposure to SDLC processes.
• Extensive use of project management information system- ie Planview
•Intermediate to senior level experience in an IT project leadership role.
• Demonstrated strong execution capabilities.
• Minimum 3 years managing software development, systems integration, and / or infrastructure projects in a matrix environment, preferably within a large company or consulting organization.
• Strong knowledge and hands on experience in applying Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies required.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, influence, negotiation, organization, and communication skills required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Office applications required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, Masters a plus.
• Agile Certification preferred
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.