Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Hiring a Contract Facilities Electromechanical Technician
Duration: 1 year
Client Location: El Paso, TX
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday / 40 Hours Weekly
Pay Rate: $23 Hourly
Provides technical support with the design and troubleshooting of automated manufacturing equipment in order to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost metrics are achieved.
Applies technical knowledge with regards to mechanical design, PLCs, Vision Systems, Robots, Servos, etc. to resolve problems in the manufacturing process.
• Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
• Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
• Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
• Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
• Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
• Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Ensuring new equipment adheres to specification and timing
• Machine validation and run offs
• Onsite machine start up assistance including PLC and HMI programming, debug and support
• Project documentation
• Maintain documentation (prints, manuals, programs)
• Working with others in launch team as well as OEM’s to review issues, develop solutions
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Formal Technical / Associates degree in: Automation or Robotics or Electrical or electromechanical or related degree. Bachelors Degree in one of these fields strongly preferred
• 5+ years of experience supporting and maintaining automation equipment
• PLC’s programming and troubleshooting (Leader Logic)
• Rockwell automation Software (Studio 5000, RsLogix500, etc.)
• Cognex Vision Systems and/or Keyence Vision Systems
• Servo Motion Controls System
• Proven successful experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of automated machinery. This includes maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatically, and electrical systems, all integrated within automated machinery.
• Development and/or execution of preventive maintenance routines for automated equipment.
• Robots: FANUC, ABB, and Stäubli (strong experience with pick an place applications)
• Strong experience with high speed assembly of plastic components with the use of Ultrasonic Welding, RF Forming and welding, UV systems, EFD dispensing systems, among others
• Experience working with Multivac, Tiromat, or similar Thermoforming machinery
• Bilingual English and Spanish
To Apply for immediate consideration please send resume to Michael Estaris at Michael.Estaris@onboardusa.com and reference job #18-40930 in the Subject Line and indicate the best times to contact you (please include nights and weekends if needed).
**Candidates must complete background and drug screenings before starting any assignment.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using an account