Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
*1 year contract position with additional opportunity based upon performance and continued business need*
The company: Our client is a global healthcare company. The Company offers health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products. It operates through four segments: Pharmaceutical, Animal Health, Healthcare Services and Alliances. The Company's Pharmaceutical segment includes human health pharmaceutical and vaccine products marketed either directly by the Company or through joint ventures. Human health pharmaceutical products consist of therapeutic and preventive agents, generally sold by prescription, for the treatment of human disorders. The Company sells its human health pharmaceutical products primarily to drug wholesalers and retailers, hospitals, government agencies and managed healthcare providers, such as health maintenance organizations, pharmacy benefit managers and other institutions. Vaccine products consist of preventive pediatric, adolescent and adult vaccines, primarily administered at physician offices.
Required • A degree in biochemistry or similar discipline.
• Experience with various separation technologies including chromatography, centrifugation and filtration.
• Research experience with protein purification, purification process development, and process optimization.
• Experience with electrophoresis, densitometry, Western blotting, protein concentration assays, endotoxin assays, absorbance spectroscopy, and HPLC.
Preferred • Experience in discovery research in an industrial setting.
• Experience with cell culture techniques, mammalian expression, and/or other expression systems.
• Experience in sterile technique and safe handling of infectious BSL2 organisms.
• Experience with AKTA Purifier or Bio-Rad LC systems.
• Experience with Waters EMPOWER chromatography systems.
• Conduct hands-on purification research in the Department of Infectious Diseases and Vaccines Vaccine according to project timelines and priorities.
• Design and run experiments to develop purification processes and produce purified biomolecules suitable for vaccine research.
• Develop scalable purification processes for recombinant proteins by affinity, ion-exchange, and size-exclusion chromatography.
• Collaborate with various groups by providing purification, characterization, and expression support.
• Characterize purified products by electrophoresis, densitometry, Western blotting, protein concentration assays, endotoxin assays, absorbance spectroscopy, and HPLC.
• Perform protein expression in various expression systems (mammalian, insect cell, bacterial).
• Document experimental results in electronic notebook format.
• Prepare and present regular progress reports to managers.
• Maintain a current understanding of protein chemistry literature and methodology, as well as other scientific literature related to the specific vaccine discovery projects.
Pay Rate: $42.00 per hour
Drug and background screenings required
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using an account