Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
HIRING A PACKAGING OPERATOR
Client Location: Covington, GA
Duration: 12 month assignment
***PAY RATE IS $16/HOUR***
Associate's Degree is acceptable
Shift: 1st shift
This position is responsible for working with the BMD R&D Stability Group to maintain the combination product retain program, as well additional support activities within the Stability Group. These activities must comply with federal regulations for combination products as well as Bard corporate and divisional procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs, organizes, plans and documents activities related to combination product retain samples.
• Maintains database for retain sample receipt, inspection, storage, and disposal.
• Creates weekly reports regarding the status of received retain lots vs. lots manufactured. Works cross-functionally to investigate discrepancies.
• Perform combination product retain sample inspection at time of receipt and annually.
• Maintains an organized and clean workspace within the warehouse for storage and inspection of retain samples.
• Stack sample boxes for storage on pallets in warehouse area.
• Arrange for the wrapping and moving of completed retain pallets. Understand the regulatory, corporate, and divisional requirements for combination product retains and update procedures accordingly.
• Other responsibilities as required
• Overtime as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Ability to reason and make sound decisions based on compliance.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness in problem solving. Accuracy and detail oriented and ability to organize large amounts of work and data. This includes the need for good documentation practices.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Requires working knowledge of average computer/PC skills with experience in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel or Access knowledge/programming preferred.
• Plans effectively and team oriented.
• Ability to work with little supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of Associate degree required. Science area major preferred.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of related experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or other regulated industry.
• High school education or equivalent
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or other regulated industry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write simple reports and business correspondence.
Must be able to perform a range of mathematical calculations and measurements
This position requires good judgment. Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Must have the ability to lift up to 25 lbs and move boxes.
Exposure to warehouse, manufacturing environment (i.e. noise and heat), and office settings.
WILL BE CROSSED TRAINED IN THE FOLLOWING ROLE:
Provide technical support for the Corporate Packaging Design & Development Laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Test and evaluate medical device packaging materials, components and systems.
• Complete testing and inspection forms with high level of accuracy
• Prepare and proofread lab reports with a minimum of errors.
• Support division level packaging projects through application of laboratory testing resources.
• Follow laboratory SOPs and other procedures.
• Maintain laboratory testing schedules and performance metrics.
• Coordinate the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
• Able to follow laboratory standard test methods and procedures.
• High attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of good laboratory practices.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of ISTA and ASTM package performance test methods a bonus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Background in quality engineering.
• Package testing experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• ISTA CPLP certification is a plus.
• Proficient experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Able to comprehend and use computer controlled laboratory equipment.
Able to organize and clearly write business correspondence and technical reports and to communicate well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge of standard engineering calculations and fundamental statistics.
• Able to read and comprehend company procedures, packaging specifications and drawings, industry test methods, government regulations, technical journals and scientific literature.
• Able to interpret and define test requirements from individuals who are not packaging experts.
• Able to seek out information from external sources in order to expand knowledge base.
• Must be able to regularly lift and move containers of up to 25 pounds and occasionally of up to 50 pounds.
• Must have sufficient dexterity to use precision measuring instruments and conduct manual tests.
• Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time.
Office environment and laboratory environment with routine exposure to sharp cutting devices, operating machinery, hot and cold environments and occasional exposure to chemicals required to execute certain test methods.
Apply by creating/using an account