Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Buyer - Junior
ON BOARD SERVICES
Why Work Here?
“On-Board is a Family Owned and Operated Company with Tons of Opportunity for Growth!”
Hiring a Contract Buyer - Junior
Duration: 6 Months
Client Location: Waynesboro, PA
Work Schedule: 40 Hours Weekly
Pay Rate: $25.00 - $32.00/ Hourly DOE
Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
Under direction of the Plant Sourcing Manager, as a Junior Buyer you are responsible for the area of cross-regional business teams and support our strategic buyers. In addition to the operative daily business, responsibility of consolidated purchase agreements, negotiate agreements to leverage capabilities and volume.
• Meet the operation’s requirements for quality, delivery, price, terms, lead times, and inventory levels.
• Technical Ability: Develops strategies and leads cross-functional business teams through a high level understanding of technology, value added engineering, industry and market conditions.
• Quality and Supplier Productivity: Pro-actively drive supplier productivity initiatives and jointly develop supplier quality road maps through the use of TQM principles.
• Teamwork: Serves as a team leader/motivator who seeks communication and diverse viewpoints.
• Sourcing Strategy: Leads and facilitates cross-functional strategy formulation for a commodity, identifies key milestones, and leads team to accomplish business objectives.
• You support the strategic buyers arranging in larger negotiations.
1. Assist Buyers to procure materials to meet the goals of Company regarding inventory turns, cost, quality, and customer requirements.
2. Supports Buyers and Plant Sourcing Manager on procurement issues, i.e. invoice and receipt discrepancies, expediting orders.
3. Assists in the supplier qualification process, per the ISO Supplier Selection Procedure, and supports cross-functional teams in auditing/qualifying new sources of supply including vendor set-up.
4. Communicates order/ master scheduling/ forecasting requirements to suppliers.
5. Determines supplier lead times for purchasing components.
6. Partners with engineering in the new product development initiatives ensuring a thorough understanding of product specifications.
7. Supports commodity cost reduction, lead time reduction and supplier consolidation projects.
8. Supports inventory management programs with supply base that includes vendor stocking, consignment, vendor-managed inventory, etc.
9. Supports company goals for minority owned and small disadvantaged business suppliers.
10. Partners with the planning team by identifying at risk materials in order to prevent shortages on the shop floor.
11. Provides assistance to the materials group in expediting and de-expediting purchase order releases.
12. Assists quality department in resolving supplier quality issues. Assists with rejected purchased materials.
13. Performs special projects and related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
2. Two to five years of experience in purchasing or production and inventory control.
3. Good communication skills both written and verbal.
4. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
5. Negotiation skills required.
6. Proficient computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
7. Experience in a team environment desirable.
To Apply for immediate consideration please send resume to Dee Barrows at Dee.Barrows@onboardusa.com and reference job # 18- 29673 in the Subject Line and indicate the best times to contact you (please include nights and weekends if needed).
**Candidates must complete background and drug screenings before starting any assignment.
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, NJ along with Regional Offices in New Castle, DE and Wake Forest, NC.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics
Apply by creating/using an account