Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
*1 year contract position with opportunity for permanent placement based upon performance and continued business need*
The company: Our client is an in vitro diagnostics company that makes products and diagnostic equipment for blood testing.
Key skill highlights:
Reporting to the Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, the Strategic Sourcing Manager is accountable for developing, managing and executing cost reduction strategies. As the Advanced Sourcing Manager, he / she will support the integration of the Strategic Sourcing function into the Supply Chain, Business Development, and R&D organizations and be a key leader in driving a fully integrated best in class Advance Sourcing program within the Franchise. They will be a leader on the new product development operations & tech transfer teams. This leader is expected to provide hands-on leadership in all aspects of global sourcing for new product introduction, having overall responsibility for supplier selection driving optimization for cost / quality / service / Innovation/ early supplier involvement and supplier diversity.
As the Advanced Sourcing Manager, he / she will drive best practice New Product Development and will leverage:
· Understanding of FDA regulated companies
· cGMP’s and ISO13485, insure compliance to Policies and Procedures
· Lead supplier selection activities for Raw Material and OEM materials
· Strong Financial Analysis and project management capabilities.
· Analyze points of leverage through elements of cost analysis and use in negotiations
· Experience in negotiating and completing Development and Supply Agreements
· Ability to translate complex needs from R&D Engineers into simple but accurate terms so that suppliers/manufacturers can support projects in a timely manner
· Ability to create Statement of Work for External design services companies with milestones management
· Ability to analyze Electro-Mechanical components and raw materials sourcing requirements. Strong probing and listening skills to facilitate working with suppliers and technical functions to discover, screen, and implement new ideas.
· Ability to influence the design, quality, and manufacturing in cross-functional project development teams using experience in DFM, DFA and overall manufacturing process knowledge.
· Expertise in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting required.
· Developing supplier negotiation strategies that reflect and maximize Ortho’s buying power; focusing on supplier quality/price/performance while minimizing risk exposure. Serving as lead negotiator for complex, high value transactions.
· Categories include Electro-mechanical, Software, test and IP/ licensing.
· Experience with managing business relationship with external contract manufacturers.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline required.
· Advanced degrees including MBA or MS in Engineering or other technical discipline preferred.
· Six Sigma green/black belt a plus.
· Minimum of 10 years in strategic sourcing or Procurement/Category management.
· Emphasis on R&D and Product Development and significant experience sourcing electro-mechanical commodities outsourcing (on and off-shore).
· Expanded skills/experience should include alliance/preferred supplier governance, obsolescence, project management, performance management and improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent ability to communicate effectively with Officers and Executives, both internally and externally.
· Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and setting direction for cross-functional teams.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to understand the factors affecting the finances and/or operations of suppliers.
· Excellent global supplier management skills including ability to foster and leverage professional relationships.
· Ability to identify and solve complex contractual, process and operational business challenges.
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate licensing and IP related requirements.
· Quality and process capability understanding preferred.
· 10%-20% travel annually – both domestic and international.
· Previous direct people management experience preferred.
Pay Rate: $48.00 per hour
Drug and background screenings required
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using an account