Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Contract Assignment in Bay Point, Ca
Pay Rate 22.00/hourly
*Candidates cannot begin assignment until drug and background screenings have been successfully completed.*
To apply email resume to Ashley.Sharp@onboardusa.com and reference job # 7514
• High school diploma/GED and 3-5 years of QC experience, or a bachelor’s degree in a science field.
• PC proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically excel tabling and charting. Lotus Notes, SAP, and other database experience preferred.
• Experience with analytical equipment, wet chemistry techniques, and/or mechanical testing apparatuses.
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated and ability to drive projects to desired results.
• Sound communication skills, focused on problem solving and interdepartmental teamwork.
• Ability to balance changing priorities in a dynamic team environment.
• Desire and ability to work on requested shift.
Training rotations may occur on a different shift than the application states, and can take 1-3 months to complete. Shifts may include 1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts as well as weekends. Please see detail in posting. • Strong commitment to safety, with demonstrated investment in safety improvement activities
Physical Requirements • Work with and around hazardous materials, chemicals, and equipment • frequently sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard for extended periods of times. • Stand continuously and walk frequently during the shift. • Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. • Tool use including operations requiring dexterity in hands • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Corrective lenses are adequate for job requirements
• Inspects and decides accept/reject status of incoming raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods according to defined instructions, procedures and methods.
• Performs and interprets results of chemical analytical tests including but not limited to: o DSC reports (differential scanning calorimetry) o HPLC chromatograms o FTIR spectra (Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy) o Rheometer reports o Auto titration curves
• Performs and interprets wet chemical and physical testing including but not limited to: o Density measurements o Titration o pH
• Performs and interprets results of mechanical tests including but not limited to: o Micrometer and caliper measurements o Durometer o Tensile strength o Compressive strength o Modulus of elasticity o Extensometer offset and strain o Climbing drum peel
• Performs and reports calculations using basic arithmetic.
• Uses MS Excel to chart results using the tools of SPC (statistical process control) & SQC (statistical quality control) to analyze and interpret data.
• Records data in lab notebooks, process documentation, computer databases such as SAP, and creates professional test reports.
• Maintains lab equipment in proper working order and performs verifications.
• Troubleshoots instrumentation failures. • Reviews and provides recommended improvements to QC standard laboratory procedures (SLPs).
• Participates in measuring system analysis testing
. • Participates in customer and regulatory audits.
• Participates in continuous improvement efforts.
• Identifies root causes for testing related out of specification results.
• Complies with all Safety, Health, and Environmental rules, procedures and regulations
Apply by creating/using an account