Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
*6 month contract to hire position*
The company: Our client is an automotive seating supplier. The Company designs, manufactures and markets a range of seating systems and components for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles. The Company operates through two segments: Seating and Interiors. The Seating segment produces automotive seat metal structures, and mechanisms, foam, trim, fabric and complete seat systems. The Interiors segment produces instrument panels, floor consoles, door panels, overhead consoles, cockpit systems and decorative trim.
Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
• Coordinates and facilitates material build schedule for Team Members assigned to the area while maintaining safe work practices.
• Assures strict compliance with all quality standards by maintaining a current and complete acquaintance with quality standards consistent with the company’s reputation as a “Quality Producer”.
• Coordinates assigned activities at a level to maintain an orderly flow of product throughout the assembly process.
• Communicates effectively and works well with his/her fellow Team Members.
• Analyzes production processes to determine where improvements may be made which will contribute to quality and plant profitability.
• Responsible for recording changes and/or specific problems occurring in the process in a daily logbook. Notifies the Team Leader of any deviations from established methods or procedures.
• Responsible for providing recognition and positive reinforcement for all Team Members, in a manner to further develop each member of the team.
• Investigate and resolve problems among Team Members assigned to the area (interpersonal, conflict, performance, etc.).
• Insure that Team Member's safety is maintained through safe working conditions, safe work habits, and a clean environment. Root cause analysis must be conducted on all recordables and near misses.
• The Supervisor is responsible for investigation and problem solving initiatives to reduce Internal Defects, Customer concerns, and Customer Returns.
• Review customer feedback reports and seek/offer improvement feedback to Team Members.
• Communicate with our Customer Liaison daily to ensure customer satisfaction. Establish immediate line feedback to communicate Customer concerns. Ensure that immediate corrective action is taken on those concerns.
• Participate in poke yoke designs, supplier issue resolution, current product improvement, new product development meetings and returned parts investigations.
• Monitor sequence numbers in house and at the customer to ensure optimal efficiencies and Customer Service.
• Achieve production and manning targets. Drive continuous improvement of both.
• Optimize plant communications through the daily communication sheet, the Shift to Shift Communication Log, the SQDCA Report, Pre-Shift and Mid-shift Meetings and effective use of the e-mail system.
• Manage and follow-up on the Standardized Work System. Corrective Actions must be taken on ODS non-compliance.
• Oversee the Training and Development of each Team Member and maintain appropriate documentation. The Supervisor is responsible for motivating, correcting, coaching, and teaching Team Members to achieve their maximum capacity at BWI Warren.
• Manage attendance and overtime to optimize manning efficiencies.
• All other duties as assigned by the Production Manager. Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Production Superintendent, Shift Superintendent, and/or Production Manager.
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
• High School Education, Post Secondary degree would be considered an asset. PC proficient.
• Previous supervisory experience is desired. Must have a consistent employment record to include good attendance and be capable of adapting to a participative work environment. Experience in working in an union environment is desired.
Pay Rate: $25 - $35 per hour based upon qualifications
Drug and background screenings required
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using account