Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Contract Assignment in Bay Point, Ca
Pay Rate $47-60.00/hourly
*Candidates cannot begin assignment until drug and background screenings have been successfully completed.*
To apply email resume to Ashley.Sharp@onboardusa.com and reference job # 7370
Engineering Manager position is responsible for management of all engineering, maintenance and facilities functions at Bay Pt.
Provides a safe working environment, engineering and maintenance support to all of Bay Pt. operations.
Key contributor to the site management team and building site culture of teamwork, accountability and communication. Driving continued improvement of ATA operations Safety, Quality, Cost and Service. Building the pipeline and skill levels of engineering, maintenance and management resources.
Reports to Director of Operations
. • B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. Strong working knowledge in both disciplines
• Black Belt in Lean 6 Sigma. Significant demonstrated success using these tools.
• 5 years process, facilities engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Prefer experience in a chemical batch process environment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing engineering and maintenance groups.
• Alignment of function structure, resources, processes and metrics to optimize the ATA value streams and drive to achieve business objectives.
Establish processes to prioritize and align work to business objectives, process targets and operations broad action plans
• Lead and coach improvement work & problem solving focused on prioritized problems and processes.
Utilization of best practice engineering tools & methods, 6σ, Lean, continuous improvement and COPQ reduction initiatives for the business.
• Develops, analyzes, improves and implements effective processes, plans and procedures consistent with the service, cost, inventory and safety goals.
This includes optimization through process hazard analysis, job safety analysis, reducing waste, cost analysis, industrial engineering, implementing process measures, controls and optimization.
Ensure processes are under statistical control and meet industry process capability standards.
• Lead efforts to design equipment and processes to continuously improve material flow, reduce inventory, shorten lead-times and improve velocity of product through the plant.
• Generate and modify Bills of Material (BOMs), Routings, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Manufacturing Instructions (MIs), Packaging Instructions (PIs), process and product specifications and related documentation to support Bay Pt. operations in the manufacture and shipment of products. • Balance prioritized work with resource capacity to do the work in a timely manner
• Issues status reports including the tracking of KPIs of operations work and processes as frequently as in weekly operations review.
Key KPIs • SHE – OSHA recordables/incidents; Near misses/safety observations. Environmental targets • Service – ECSL/PSL • Quality – CC rate, NCM, COPQ/COQ, Cp,k • Productivity – Kgs and sq. ft./time, Schedule attainment, OEE
• Responsible for directing safe and efficient operation, control and security of physical infrastructure, operations processes and all plant equipment and utilities. Directing the fabrication and installation of new equipment and any relocation of existing equipment. Improving environmental related processes. Communication of safety and environmental incidents, targets, objectives and programs to functions personnel.
• Accountable for the direction of the Maintenance work force, including scheduling of maintenance activities; managing Preventive/Autonomous maintenance programs; preventative and corrective actions; maintaining necessary inventory, buildings, grounds and utilities and determining appropriate methods of repair required for equipment.
Keep abreast of latest advancements in maintenance methodologies such as Predictive Maintenance. Benchmarking against the corporate Maintenance Pillars.
• Responsible for creating/gathering, organizing and maintaining all of the site’s technical documentation such as P&IDs, O&M Manuals, Construction Drawings etc
. • Responsible for supporting Sustainability and Lean initiatives such as 5S, TPM, Problem Solving, etc.
• Work closely with Corporate Engineering to develop and meet engineering standards as well as assist with any projects on site that are being managed by Corporate Engineering
• Maintenance and Asset Preservation of all sites facilities, environmental control systems, grounds, utilities, manufacturing equipment and laboratory equipment.
• Accountable for corrective actions and opportunities for improvement from inspections and audits. For example, Risk Mitigation Insurance Inspections and Compliance Audits
• Manages full implementation of capital improvement projects – Engineering, trials, safety assessments and procedures, capital submissions and Invest II process, justification, financial analysis, MoC, risk review, timelines, construction, controlling, process definition and documentation, training and implementation of equipment and facilities upgrades.
• Responsible for the development of engineering and maintenance staff. Assess function structure, roles, skills and gaps. Close organization gaps. Identifies training needs for engineering and maintenance staff. Works with HR manager to level up skills and build talent pipeline.
• Ensure engineering engagement in new product and process development (ADP) projects. Engineering runs feasibility studies and subsequent successful scale up to LVM and HVM to meet business objectives.
• Ensures that customer complaints due to manufacturing issues are answered within proper time frame. Institutes corrective actions as appropriate to prevent recurrence. Ensure all complaint and corrective action files are updated and reported in a timely manner. • Participates in the planning and development of ATA capacity plans (min. 5 years), site goals and objectives.
Manages functions expense budget and site capital budgets and plans. • Ensures Vision and Values statements are disseminated to and understood by all function associates. Holds regular communication meetings with function to updates on site, ATA and Corporation performance to objectives. • Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply by creating/using an account