Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
On-Board Services is assisting one of the largest Chemical Manufacturing companies with a search for Manufacturing Laboratory Technicians.
To apply please email resumes to Leslie atLeslie.firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference code #18-02967. We will contact you immediately if you are selected to move forward.
Position: Laboratory Technicians
Duration: 9 Month Assignment
Client Location: Fortune 500 Client New Century, KS 66031
Pay Rate: $17.50 /per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 Am to 5 PM
Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
Screenings: Candidates cannot begin an assignment without successful drug and background clearances
Purpose of position:
1. To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the candidate must have at least Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related field with 0-3 years of laboratory experience
2. Additional requirements include an ability to work independently in ambiguous technical situations and prioritize work
3. Strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to multitask while maintaining attention to details as needed
4. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
5. Familiar with GLP and GMP
6. Excellent computer skills
7. Responsible problem solver and action oriented
8. Good technical understanding of food/feed formulation, processing, oxidative stability, microbial food spoilage, and general analysis procedures
9. A general awareness of laboratory practices, basic statistics, and product quality would be useful.
10. Experience in food and feed analysis, fats and oils & antioxidants, and food microbiology is a plus
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Coordinate with Supervisor to carry out projects and prepare reports of results
2. Analysis of food samples using established laboratory procedures
3. Assist with method transfer and validation of oxidative stability and microbiological studies in food applications
4. Record and compile test results, prepare graphs, charts and reports
5. Provide assistance to food scientists and technologists
6. Support food scientists and technologists with analytical work, and lab/pilot plant organization, and routine testing
7. Calibrate and maintain equipment as required
8. Maintain a clean laboratory and pilot plant
9. Keep electronic laboratory notebook accurate and up to date
10. Conduct analytical and microbial tests on various food and feed ingredients, including; moisture, color, pH, fat content, Peroxide Value, Free fatty acids, Anisidine value and Oil stability index (OSI), general microbiological plating and counting, organism identification (RiboPrinter, API, etc.).
11. Assist in product stability and/or shelf life/challenge studies
12. Operate Analytical Instruments such as the Auto-titrator, Analytical Balance, Spectrophotometer, CheckMate, Oxidative Stability Instrument (OSI), SafTest™, Oxipres™, HPLC and GC/MS
13. Communicate technical results both verbally and written to pertinent parties
14. Submit batch sheets of products that are shipped to customers or other sites to Technical Coordinator for traceability
15. Management of the hazardous waste generated in the laboratory
16. Maintain appropriate documentation for experiments, GMP, ISO, and others as required
17. Adhere to safety, health & environmental programs. Report accidents promptly to Management
18. Maintain appropriate documentation for experiments, GMP, ISO, Quality Systems and others as required
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, New Jersey along with Regional Offices in New Castle, Delaware, and Raleigh, North Carolina.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using account