Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Work closely with the Purchasing department to control and ensure adequate raw material inventory levels meet the needs of the master scheduler. Coordinate the implementation of the production schedules with the Production department management. Work closely and with personnel to identify and flag problem areas affecting customer service and other areas such as capacity, forecast, inventory levels, etc., and take direct and indirect action as appropriate. Keep production planning information up-to-date in appropriate system. Collaborate with Engineering personnel and production supervision in the implementation of product, process, and equipment changes. Assist in long-range planning projects and advise on scheduling and materials impact. Collaborate with production management and the Purchasing department to develop economical order quantities for raw materials. Ensures all computer systems and processes are in place for a smooth order placement and shipment to the customer in a timely manner. Works closely with Supply Network Planners to avoid backorders and high levels of inventory. Comply with all local, state, federal, and Client safety regulations, policies, and procedures including Hazardous waste regulations. Comply with all local Client quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles. AS Degree or sufficient on-the-job experience. BS degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field, or sufficient on-the-job experience is preferred. Two to six years in a manufacturing, production planning, inventory control, or materials management business. Experience with utilizing SAP is preferred.
Responsible to ensure the correct and on time product supply from the external supplier to satisfy customers demand, keeping the optimal inventory levels and efficiencies through the process from purchasing to inventory management at Client DC.
• Perform purchasing from external supplier and inventory management to ensure optimization of Inventory level is met at the DC with elimination of supply shortage, excess and expiry risk.
• Track and trace purchase orders to ensure open orders are fulfilled on time, past due orders are reviewed and action on back order status are timely updated to external and internal customers / stakeholders.
• Work closely with supplier, carriers and logistics /warehouse departments for the shipments tracking, ASN (Advance Shipping Notification) creation in the systems, reconciliations, receipt prioritization, and identify shipping discrepancies.
• Identify Excess & Obsolete inventories, follow through on disposition and reduction opportunities. Drive root cause analysis and CI to prevent new occurrence.
• Identify potential opportunity & Lead project to improve inventory management, such as improving shelf life, reducing shipping discrepancy.
• Responsible for achieving supply chain metrics: Line Fill Rate, Back-Order, Inventory Value and DIO (Days of Inventory Outstanding).
• Minimum of 3 years in Supply Chain areas: planning, purchasing, logistics or distribution experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong analytical skills and good problem solution skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience with an ERP / SAP systems.
• Proficient Excel skills
College degree in Engineering / Administration.
Apply by creating/using account