Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
*1 year contract position with additional opportunity based upon performance and business need*
Our client is a multinational corporation active in the fields of health, nutrition and materials.
The Nutrition cluster is made up of Nutritional Products and Food Specialties. Nutritional Products produces essential nutrients such as synthetic vitamins, carotenoids, nutritional lipids and other ingredients for the feed, food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. Food Specialties manufactures food enzymes, cultures, yeast extracts, savory flavors, hydrocolloids and other specialty ingredients for the dairy, baking, beverage and savory segments.
The Materials cluster is made up of Engineering Plastics, Resins & Functional Materials. Engineering Plastics’ specialty plastics are used in components for the electrical and electronics, automotive, flexible food packaging and consumer goods industries. Resins & Functional Materials manufacture resins solutions for paints, inks, stereolithography, and industrial and optical fiber coatings.
The Lab Technician is responsible for laboratory based tasks, such as, sampling, testing, measuring, recording, and analyzing results based on biological, chemical, or physical properties while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
Position Description (Responsibilities):
• Perform fermentation based laboratory application tests to produce reliable and precise data that will be utilized to evaluate products performance.
• Operate and maintain standard laboratory equipment, for example, laboratory scale fermenters, pipettors, vortex units, temperature blocks, water baths, shaker incubators, autoclaves, HPLC, microscope, spectrophotometer, etc.
• Use computers and perform mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs and the analysis of data.
• Communicate thoughts orally and in writing in a clear, well-organized manner that effectively informs, and clarifies ideas, information, and lab techniques/procedures to others.
• Comply with policies, procedures, and record-keeping necessary to meet company standards.
• Other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Must be able to read and understand English to be able to communicate with Supervisor/Manager and comprehend work instructions.
• Positive attitude, safety mindset, strong work ethic, team builder/flexible, customer and quality focused, not easily frustrated, desire to work hands on and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Dependable with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Prior experience in biochemical lab environment.
• Good verbal and mathematical capability at an undergraduate level.
• Ability to read and understand process operating procedures.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Sufficient computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in teams.
• Demonstrated willingness to assume extended job responsibility and exercise good judgment in decision making.
• Ability to follow detailed, technical directions.
• Ability to communicate across all levels of production team and work in team environment.
• BS degree in microbiology, chemistry or biochemical Sciences preferred.
Pay Rate: $21.00 per hour
Drug and background screenings required
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using account