Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
*8 month contract position with additional opportunity based upon performance and continued business need*
Our client is a multinational corporation active in the fields of health, nutrition and materials.
The Nutrition cluster is made up of Nutritional Products and Food Specialties. Nutritional Products produces essential nutrients such as synthetic vitamins, carotenoids, nutritional lipids and other ingredients for the feed, food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. Food Specialties manufactures food enzymes, cultures, yeast extracts, savory flavors, hydrocolloids and other specialty ingredients for the dairy, baking, beverage and savory segments.
The Materials cluster is made up of Engineering Plastics, Resins & Functional Materials. Engineering Plastics’ specialty plastics are used in components for the electrical and electronics, automotive, flexible food packaging and consumer goods industries. Resins & Functional Materials manufacture resins solutions for paints, inks, stereolithography, and industrial and optical fiber coatings.
In addition to the role of supporting innovation in the businesses and venturing activities, the Innovation Center is responsible for the company’s ‘Emerging Business Areas’; Biomedical (biomaterials and regenerative medical devices), Bio-based Products & Services (biomass-conversion technology) and Advanced Solar (AR-coatings and Photovoltaic-films for solar modules).
1. Autonomous accomplishment of analysis in the laboratory.
2. Prepares standards, mobile phases, and reagents.
3. Maintains, calibrates, and monitors laboratory equipment (HPLC, GC, ICP, IR, etc.)
4. Analyzes intermediates stability samples and finished products for required tests by various analytical and instrumental methods.
5. Performs calculations, collects and prepares data for evaluation.
6. Reviews data to ensure accuracy prior to reporting.
7. Perform administrative lab tasks, such as updating SOP’s.
8. Keeps supervisor informed of work status and suggests follow-up action to resolve atypical results and any problems encountered.
9. Maintains good documentation practices.
10. SHE Duties & Responsibilities: Display and promote positive safety behaviors at all times; use proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures to ensure that self and others go home safe each day; that area and equipment operate at the highest safety levels; that all people in the area (lab techs, quality personnel, maintenance, visitors, contractors, etc.) comply with the safety directives and keep the area neat and clean.
11. Ensures incidents are reported, and risks are assessed in a timely basis.
12. Acts in such a way that safety awareness & accident prevention are considered in performing all tasks.
Pay Rate: $20.00 per hour
Drug and background screenings required
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using account