Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
On-Board currently hiring Accountants.
Must have manufacturing accounting experience.
For consideration, please apply through this job board or email your resume to email@example.com reference job #18-02165 in the Subject Line.
Position: Accountant (Manufacturing Accounting experience required)
Duration: 12 Month Assignment
Client Location: Front Royal, VA 22630
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
Pay Rate: Starting at $35 and up based off of experience
Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
Screenings: Candidates cannot begin an assignment without successful drug and background clearances
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting and finance
• 3-5 years relevant experience (cost accounting, month end closings and journal entries)
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills to be successful in a fast paced environment
• Strong computer skills - Microsoft Excel, Word, SAP
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Self-starter, dependable, adaptable, flexible and requires minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to travel periodically as desired
• Some experience with foreign currency
• Some experience with intercompany accounting
• SAP experience
• Manufacturing Accounting experience
• Professional designation (CPA)
The Plant Accountant will be responsible for the full financial stewardship of a given plant(s) and/or locations. They would ensure the financial integrity of the data through (but not limited too) cost center maintenance, internal order oversight, general accounting, financial reporting, auditing and project management. They will be responsible for the financial accuracy of inventory and cost accounting.
• Run and track expense allocations.
• Maintain cost centers and process/internal orders.
• Develop Variable and Fixed splits, price calculations and activities revaluations.
• Review costs variances for all products manufactured on site.
• Prepare cost estimates for new product formulations.
• Analyze process order variances to ensure that production information is recorded correctly and resolve any issues.
• Ensure proper month end processing cut off and continuing to improve the process
• Perform all month end tasks and ensure that process orders/cost centers are financially settled and closed.
• Work closely with other areas of the business and corporate functions (HR, Corporate Accounting & Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax, IT, Legal) to ensure all expenses are properly accrued each month-end and all issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Calculate accruals and ensure manual journal entries are processed correctly in SAP each month-end close.
• Review Cost Centers / GL balances for accuracy on a strict deadline.
• Manage received not billed, property tax, sales tax and other balance sheet reserves.
• Preparation, review, analysis and presentation of the monthly financial performance
• Develop monthly forecast of standard operating costs for the remaining year.
• Analyze and provide meaningful commentary around cost centers variances to budget, forecast, and prior year monthly for current month, year to date and full year.
• Utilize business acumen to provide insight to capital projects and other site initiatives.
• Update month-end summary reports – product costing, inventory, operations reporting, cost centers and assist in all forecasting and budgeting activities.
• Troubleshoot any issues that may arise and provide ad hoc work to support corporate initiatives, local team, projects and system upgrades/changeovers.
• Track "one-time” costs and specific project budgets and present to management as needed.
• Maintains and promotes a strong internal control environment within the plant
• Lead and participate in internal / external audits at the site, explain systems, processes, provide guidance to other control owners, managing overall site controls and answer inquiries from management and auditors.
• Identifies weaknesses and implements process improvements to close any gaps in conjunction with company policies, accounting practices and procedures.
• Maintains pertinent documentation of internal controls within the plant.
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, New Jersey along with Regional Offices in New Castle, Delaware, and Raleigh, North Carolina.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by creating/using account