Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
*Please note that this is a 6 month contract assignment. Candidates cannot start an assignment until background check and drug test are completed*
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the acquisition of goods services in support of a broad range of business functions including:
• Research & Development
The candidate must be capable of building stable working relationships with peers in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, internal stakeholders, and external business professionals. Additionally, the candidate must be willing and able to learn the business requirements of the various business units within indirect space.
Responsible for leading the review and execution of contracts by liaising between the project teams, service suppliers, and Legal; Responsible for translating user requirements into accurate, contract compliant business terms.
Experience with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization including, but not limited to developing RFIs/RFPs and to supporting the evaluation, selection, and vendor performance of key service suppliers.
Skills and Knowledge:
Proven analytical skills involving data analysis and research methods to answer/solve routine to medium complex requests. Capable of building stable working relationships with peers in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement and key stakeholders throughout . Responsible for actively contributing to and implementing decisions agreed to as part of the overall operational success of the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team.
• Develop metrics, collect and analyze data for the Purchasing scorecard and other metrics such as: savings, supplier delivery performance, complaints, “non-documented” spend, etc.
• Independently manage the review and execution of project/study specific Work Orders, Change Orders, Confidentiality Agreements (CDAs), Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Consulting Agreements (CAs) and other project-specific agreements
• Liaise with Legal globally to ensure compliance with current legislation/guidance
• Effectively performing supplier negotiations and monitoring all related cost savings
• Establishing strong business relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Understanding of supplier contracts and ability to negotiate terms and conditions
• Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.”
• Flexible and quick on your feet – you are comfortable speaking with people and answering questions you may not be prepared for.
• 5+ years’ experience & analytical background (Procurement/Strategic Sourcing, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
• Strong Excel, math, and cost modeling skills (Finance, Accounting, Procurement/Supply Chain) strongly preferred
• Ability to comb through large amounts of data, analyze, draw conclusions, and present a coherent viewpoint
o Excel: strong expertise in analyzing data using PivotTables, vlookups, etc…
o PowerPoint: strong expertise using PowerPoint to build slide decks to support business cases
• Project management abilities
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, creative problem solver & want to get their “hands dirty”
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required
• Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to work within tight time constraints
• Willingness and ability to learn the pharmaceutical industry and the business needs and requirements of business functions
Preferred Qualifications (Nice To Have)
• Experience working in a regulated environment, knowledge of pharmaceutical or biotech industry preferred but not required
• Track-record of demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit in fast-paced environment
• General financial skills/knowledge
To apply for this position please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job #18-01626
Apply by creating/using account