Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
*4 month contract position, with opportunity for extension or hire*
The company: Our client is a technical professional services company. The Company provides a range of technical, professional and construction services to industrial, commercial and governmental clients. The Company's services include Project Services; Process, Scientific, and Systems Consulting Services; Construction Services, and Operations and Maintenance Services. The Company operates four lines of business (LOBs): Petroleum and Chemicals; Buildings and Infrastructure; Aerospace and Technology, and Industrial. It caters its services to various sectors, such as oil and gas exploration, production and refining; chemicals and polymers; programs for various national governments, including aerospace, defense, and environmental programs; buildings (including specialized buildings for clients operating in the fields of healthcare, education, and high technology; governmental complexes; other specialized civic and mission critical buildings, installations, and laboratories; and retail and commercial buildings); infrastructure and telecommunications; mining and minerals; pharmaceuticals and biotechnology; power; pulp and paper; technology and manufacturing, and food and consumer products.
This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting the activities associated with purchasing materials and/or equipment as assigned. The incumbent has knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the basic techniques of ensuring task completion, project delivery processes, and supplier relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of procurement and of this position in the project delivery process, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent has working knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and compliance requirements applicable to the assigned group, subject area, or commodity. Role:
• Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
• Recommend source selections, lead or participate in purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders.
• Purchasing assignments typically will consist of non-critical materials.
• Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
• Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
• Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
• Administer assigned purchase orders, including change order processing, contractual compliance, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation.
• Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
• Development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
• Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
• Assist Procurement Management in the preparation of proposal deliverables, such as pricing of materials.
• Assist Procurement Management in providing other support services as requested.
Pay Rate: $18.50 per hour
Drug and background screenings required
Apply by creating/using account