Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Hiring Contract Laboratory Technician (Must have Bachelor's Degree)
Duration: 12 Month Assignment
Client Location: Fortune 500 Company, La Porte, TX 77571
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, working 7AM TO 3:30 PM
Pay Rate: $30 per hour
Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
To Apply for immediate consideration please send resume to Leslie Brannon at Leslie.Brannon@onboardusa.com and reference job # 19435 in the Subject Line and indicate the best times to contact you (please include nights and weekends if needed). Also, please indicate where you found this job posting.
**Candidates cannot begin an assignment without successful drug and background clearances.
With guidance from supervision, primary responsibility is to assist technical personnel in general laboratory operations and routine laboratory or information handling tasks in support of scientific research. Perform tasks according to accepted methods and training prescribed by the work group.
• Performs a variety of complex and specialized quality control tests and assists with coordinating the operations of the lab.
• Runs comprehensive and specialized lab tests that require judgment and interpretation of results within general guidelines.
• Have greater involvement with customers.
• Performs complex calculations and additional analyses on test results to determine if product is within proper boundaries; provides direction to other lab technicians when required.
• Assists with developing standard operational procedures and test guidelines and overseeing daily operations to ensure a safe and effective lab environment.
• Recommends technical formula or material adjustments to the product based on test results and judgment; receives direction on issues when required and coordinates potential formula changes with corporate.
• Oversees and/or cleans, maintains and calibrates complex equipment and maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Coordinates activities with production, maintenance, technology or other plant personnel to ensure the effective flow of operations, communication between the lab and plant, and maintaining and updating formulas.
• Responds to customer questions and complaints regarding product quality, test results, and other information.
• Review, completes, and enters a variety of forms, logs, and reports detailing test results to ensure compliance with operational procedure.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or other Scientific Discipline. HS + 5 years' relevant experience.
• Familiarity with basic laboratory analytical instruments and process equipment
• 1 year working experience in a laboratory environment
• Hands-on experience with the operation of analytical laboratory equipment
• Excellent communication skills – interpreting work requests (verbal, written), communication of experimental results (verbal, written).
• Flexibility – ability to perform multiple tasks and a track record of dependability
• Good knowledge of material and job safety.
• Good knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis
• Basic knowledge of chemistry and processing of polymers
• Basic knowledge of analytical method and theory behind
• Physical/chemical properties and testing of polymer materials
• Willing and able to work shift job
Apply by creating/using account